Blocked sites?

I've used the free version for a long time and recently decided to purchase the Pro version...

Was using version 1.50 and everything was fine but after installing 1.51 some sites I visit every day are being blocked...

They are automotive forums, I know the owner of the forums and know there is no reason for them to be blocked...

http://www.chevylegends.com
http://www.trifive.com

To access these I have to disable the protection module and reboot the computer...

The only reason for purchacing the pro version was to use the protection module...

Greetings :)

If you believe these blocks are false positives then please refer to this post: IP Blocking False Positives and post the info here: False Positives

In the meantime, so that you can still reach the sites without having to disable protection, please read the item How can I add an IP so it won't be detected and can access a site I need to? located in Section G of our FAQ.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Hi, Davtom:

It looks as though they are a bit backed up at the FP forum after a busy weekend.

I expect someone will get to your post soon.

I know it's frustrating to wait.

Please bear in mind that it's not the website per se that is being blocked, but rather the IP.

It may well be that the site in question is clean, but that it is inadvertently being hosted on a bad IP range.

This happens from time to time.

(So, it's nothing personal against the site owner or his/her web site.)

Or it could be a bonafide FP, in which case the MBAM folks will unblock it with a database update.

While you are waiting to hear back from the engineers, you can do this:

To have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware ignore an individual IP address, visit the website in question to incur a block. When you see the tray notification that Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware has blocked the address, right-click on the red M tray icon and use the Add to Ignore List menu to have the IP ignored. You should then be able to refresh your web browser and visit the page. If not, then you may need to close and then open your browser and try again or clear your browser's cache to be able to see the page.

If at any time you decide to remove the selected IP from the Ignore List, you can do so by opening Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and clicking on the Ignore List tab.

Thanks very much for your patience and understanding,

daledoc1

To access these I have to disable the protection module and reboot the computer...

I agree. This becomes a pain for those who wish to access the site. Malwarebytes needs to fix the protection/weblocking module so it unhooks itself upon shutting down and not continue to block ip's.

• Root Admin

If you're having that issue then you may have something wrong with your installation of the program. Remember that it can take up to a couple of minutes depending on your system to resynchronize and allow a blocked site if you either shutdown or add a site to the list.

It's not instantaneous and never will be due to binding required on the network cards and our program.

I do it quite often and it works just as expected.