Problem updating definitions

Hi,

I am new to MBAM (free) and I love it, but I have noticed that it is kind of difficult to update definitions. Some times, I can NOT use malwarebytes.org server and securitywonks.net works fine, some other times it is the other way around, some times also, trying over and over with one of the two servers, after several attempts (10-15) suddenly it succeeds, and eventually I can NOT use any of the two servers no matter what, but everyday when I try to update defs, I have this problem.

The error I get is attached as a jpeg file, but despite what it says, I can update daily, with some difficulties. Anyway, I have checked thoroughly my Firewall (Online Armor) settings to make sure that MBAM is fully enabled other wise, it could not update ever.

Thanks a lot and have a terrific 2009 now that Bush is going to allow us :P

post-7156-1230345407_thumb.jpgs:

post-7156-1230345407_thumb.jpg

Greetings, and welcome to the forum. Please check your settings in Internet Explorer and make sure it can connect to both malwarebytes.org and securitywonks.net. MBAM uses the same settings as IE, so if IE can connect and download files from here then MBAM should be able to also.

Also note that MBAM has trouble with proxies, so if you have one set up in Internet Explorer, then that could cause trouble.

Thank You Exile and GT,

I opened IE and browsed fine to both sites without problems (my default browser btw is not IE but FireFox 3.x) and I am not using proxies, so I am confused. I am using MBAM just as on demand scan and it is the only program that is having problems connecting to servers.

I also have Superantyspyware, avast and Online Armor and my OS is W2K SP4 just for the record.

Thanks again guys and have terrific hollydays :P

I had checked Manual Update right now, it worked fine (our securitywonks mirror). please update guys if any still face the problem.

The user who opened this thread cannot update from either mirror right now. We're going over possible causes in his tech support ticket, but all of the possibilities keep being dead ends.

The user who opened this thread cannot update from either mirror right now. We're going over possible causes in his tech support ticket, but all of the possibilities keep being dead ends.

That is correct GT500, I have been working closely with Arthur but there has been no luck so far, let

try clearing the DNS CACHE in your computer by right-clicking the (LAN or wireless network icon of your network connection) and Select REPAIR. it clears DNS cache, and let us see if this fixes the thing.

Excellent idea. I will pass it along in the ticket in case he doesn't check this forum topic.

Securitywonks server is already working !!!! :) without doing anything at all, I simply started the PC this morning and checked again without much hope and voila, thatnk you securitywonks guy, something was done on your side that my old PC managed to connect and BTW, in a very reliable way, no more error warnings.

On the other hand, malwarebytes server is not working but with one server working, it is enough.

Thank you all guys that helped to solve this issue. The mystery remains on why it was not working yesterday night and it worked today early in the morning :)