Question about the PRO version installation

I want to buy 2 copies of the PRO version to take advantage of the "volume" discount. One copy for me and one for my dad who lives in another state. I normally access his computer remotely via VNC to maintain his computer for him. The web site allows me to specify how many copies I want. After clicking the "Complete Purchase" button, I will be given two separate links to download the two copies of the software ??? How long will the link be available ? Could someone tell me how this would work ? Thank you in advance.

Hi, tta:

Welcome to MBAM!

I'm just a long-time home user who hasn't had to purchase a license in quite some time.

And someone from MBAM will correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think it works that way, with unique "download links".

When you purchase MBAM PRO you are sent an email from the Cleverbridge reseller.

That email contains the ID and key for each lifetime consumer license (1 license per computer).

That is the info you need to activate the 1st time you install and every time you might need to re-install later on each particular machine.

The link for downloading the program is the same for everyone here, and there is only 1 version of the program.

Once you install it, in order to activate the PRO features, you will click on the "register" button in the user interface, and enter the license ID and key, and that will activate the PRO features.

So, it's all about the ID and key, not a unique download link, as it is for some other programs.

Does that help?

daledoc1

I thought also that it's just a matter of ID's and Keys that will be sent by email, until I saw that Malwarebytes have two other options for me to choose:

1. a Backup CD for $9.95: it "contains all the software that you purchase today. You always will have a Backup CD at hand in case it is necessary to re-download a product due to unfortunate events such as the need to reformat your hard drive or simply purchasing a new computer".

2. an Extended Download for $5.95: "If you ever buy a new computer or have to reinstall the software on a new installation, you can simply retrieve your software from our servers anytime over the next 24 months".

The above led me to believe there's something more than just ID's and Keys. After all, if the program is the same for anyone then in the case I need to reformat the hard drive, I can just re-download from the web site and re-enter my ID and Key. The fact that the above 2 options exist tells me there's more to just ID's and Keys.

Hi:

It's a bit confusing, but you don't need either the backup CD or the extended download option. :)

Once you have your lifetime ID and key for each computer, you are good to go.

You can always download the latest version from the single download link (which takes you to one of several authorized mirror sites, such as majorgeeks, cnet, bleepingcomputer or fileforum).

You download and run the installer, and then use the ID and key to activate the PRO version.

Really! :D

daledoc1

For reference, here are the detailed, stepwise instructions for a trouble-free install of MBAM.

Make sure you keep backups of the confirmation email from Cleverbridge with your license info -- you will need it for the first activation and for every time you might need to reinstall MBAM PRO.

MBAM Clean Re-installation Instructions:

(NOTE: If you do not already have MBAM on your computer, start with Step 2, at the point of temporarily disabling your AV.)

NOTE: You need to be logged in as an administrator.

1. Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here.

Note:It will ask to restart your computer; please allow it to do so -- very important!

2. After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus (AV) and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here. (Note: Ignore any promos or ads for other software/products at the mirror sites; and there is no fee to download MBAM Free.)

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email, if you are using the PRO version.

3. Launch MBAM (and set the Protection and Registration, if you are using the PRO version).

4. Go to the UPDATE tab, if not done during installation, and check for updates.

5. Restart the computer again (and, if you are using the PRO version, verify that the MBAM icon is in the system tray).

6. Set up any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQs here, or ask and we'll explain how to do it. (Specific steps depend on the AntiVirus software vendor & version, and on your computer's OS).

7. Restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

8. Add the program folder(s) for your AV and FW to MBAM's "Ignore List".(Let us know if you need help with this.)

9. Set up your scheduled updates & scheduled scans (this only applies to the PRO version). Scheduler help is available here.

10. Run an MBAM Quick Scan.

Let us know if you need help, e.g. with setting the reciprocal AV & firewall exclusions for MBAM!

Cheers,

daledoc1