Program_error

I Fired up the computer a few minutes ago and MBAM would not run. I have the paid subscription, and MBAM.exe is in my start up. When it came up it shut down immediately and I got a warning. The contents of the warning flag is PROGRAM_ERROR_LOAD_DATABASE(2146893820,2146893820, CreateSDK Bad Length. any one familiar with this?

Hello and :welcome:

Sounds like your database may have gotten corrupted during an update. A simple re-install should take care of it.

Please do the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

• Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Hello and :welcome:

Sounds like your database may have gotten corrupted during an update. A simple re-install should take care of it.

Please do the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

• Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

When I purchased the paid version I also paid for a cd backup. So, I used add/remove and then reinstalled, then updated. MBMAM is now running. I was just hoping some one might tell me what actually happened in the first place. I appreciate all you guys that volunteer your time and expertise. Thanks,

So, I used add/remove and then reinstalled, then updated. MBMAM is now running. I was just hoping some one might tell me what actually happened in the first place.

Probably just a minor database corruption during an update.

That happens from time to time.

Glad you are back up and running.

(No need to use the CD -- always better to install from download of latest MBAM version. Your consumer license is good for a lifetime, so as long as you keep your ID and key handy, you can always install from the download.)

Just to check (since you installed from CD): do you have the current PROGRAM version (1.51.0.1200), not just the current database version (current is 7060)?

Enjoy your MBAM!

Cheers,

daledoc1