MBAM caused system freeze

Just had a total system freeze and had to perform a forced shutdown. Having checked Event Viewer i see that that cause was MBAM.

Here is the report...

Faulting application name: mbamservice.exe, version: 1.51.0.28, time stamp: 0x4dcac365

Faulting module name: mbamnet.dll, version: 1.51.0.45, time stamp: 0x4ddbacf9

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0001af7d

Faulting process id: 0xd54

Faulting application start time: 0x01cc3d6e7544949a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamnet.dll

Report Id: 1c232719-a96c-11e0-84ec-0024beaed83e

All seems to be ok now but i have never had MBAM cause this before. Any ideas on what may have happened?

Hello justinlee:

You can Google the 0xC0000005 error but specifics would only be conjecture at best. Performing a clean re-install of MBAM, if the error hasn't repeated, isn't indicated. If the frequency of errors increases, you might consider running a thorough memory diagnostic such as memtest86 and/or a hard disk drive (HDD) diagnostic.

For now, you should begin a period of watchful waiting.

HTH :)

Hello justinlee:

You can Google the 0xC0000005 error but specifics would only be conjecture at best. Performing a clean re-install of MBAM, if the error hasn't repeated, isn't indicated. If the frequency of errors increases, you might consider running a thorough memory diagnostic such as memtest86 and/or a hard disk drive (HDD) diagnostic.

For now, you should begin a period of watchful waiting.

HTH :)

Thanks :) I ran the Microsoft memory diagnostic tool and all is ok and MBAM hasn't caused a freeze again so maybe it was just a random one off conflict.

• 1 month later...

Just had a total system freeze and had to perform a forced shutdown. Having checked Event Viewer i see that that cause was MBAM.

Here is the report...

Faulting application name: mbamservice.exe, version: 1.51.0.28, time stamp: 0x4dcac365

Faulting module name: mbamnet.dll, version: 1.51.0.45, time stamp: 0x4ddbacf9

Fault offset: 0x0001af7d

Faulting process id: 0xd54

Faulting application start time: 0x01cc3d6e7544949a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamnet.dll

Report Id: 1c232719-a96c-11e0-84ec-0024beaed83e

All seems to be ok now but i have never had MBAM cause this before. Any ideas on what may have happened?

I just had Malwarebytes crash (Stop responding) in Windows 7 with mbamnet.dll being the faulting module as well. This happened when updating the virus database. Second time around when trying to update, everything was fine. Odd. Here is the windows log entry:

Faulting application name: mbam.exe, version: 1.51.1.1076, time stamp: 0x4e0a6f10

Faulting module name: mbamnet.DLL, version: 1.51.1.6, time stamp: 0x4e0f0e56

Fault offset: 0x00047564

Faulting process id: 0x1fc0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cc5f1f3df41d22

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamnet.DLL

Report Id: 7eed23d0-cb12-11e0-abb3-001fbc0969d5