Photo Impressions 4 by ArcSoft

I've used Photo Impression 4 by ArcSoft for a number of years and am very pleased with the program. I've seen the Photo Impressions 6 program and I prefer the Photo Impressions 4 version. My operating system is Windows XP................but tomorrow I'm getting a new computer with the Windows 7 operating system.

My questions is..............will Photo Impressions 4 work with Windows 7? Does anyone know where to download the Photo Impressions 4 program? Any information appreciated. Thanks

i did a quick search at a couple of the reputable "old version" sites ... not listed .

the softonic site site shows version 6.5 as being compatible up to vista .

if you do find a copy you can try running it in the "compatibility mode" in W7 .

have you considered GIMP as an alternative ?

i did a quick search at a couple of the reputable "old version" sites ... not listed .

the softonic site site shows version 6.5 as being compatible up to vista .

if you do find a copy you can try running it in the "compatibility mode" in W7 .

have you considered GIMP as an alternative ?

Thanks for the information! I've looked at the newer version of Photo Impressions - the 6.5 version - and many of the features that are in version 4 are not included in version 6.5.

I'm hoping to find something comparable to Photo Impressions version 4. What I used most frequently was re-sizing an image, adding text, add into color, cropping, and erasing some areas of an image to create a new image.

What is GIMP?

yep ... gimp is a good free program ... and no BS as is the case with some other "free" programs . <_<;)

it is/can be a bit "involved" , something like photoshop (i run both programs) .

there are other free-n-clean photo manipulation programs available .

you can do some recon over at :

http://sourceforge.net/directory/

type in the search terms and happy snooping .

I concur. GIMP is open source and it's the best drawing program I have used so far. It's cross-platform and doesn't require tons of libraries and other useless baloney.