Firewall Recommendations

Hello,

I've recently purchased MBAM PRO after getting some excellent help here with a series of issues. I've paired it with Avast! which I've used for years. The only issue I have is getting a Firewall that fits well with this trio. I recently had PC Tools Firewall Plus but have grown not to trust its reliability.

The combo router/modem I get from my ISP I can't say would be enough for me to think simply using the built in windows firewall would be ok.

Currently I'm trying out ZoneAlarm but it's quirks, system slowing issues, and general confrontational nature of their "customer service" is annoying me. I use to enjoy the product years ago but it feels like a bottleneck more than anything.

What are some good alternatives? I've read the help files here but I'm curious what others are using that actually works well & doesn't make using other programs a headache?

I've read some recommendations about Online Armor but can't say I know much about them.

Haha woops sorry about that.

Im running XP SP3 currently.

Hello Zaire:

In the opinion of many the XP SP3 firewall is not up to the task and one would hope you have a good NAT router if you're ADSL/broadband connected to your ISP.

HTH :)

[...]

I've read some recommendations about Online Armor but can't say I know much about them.

I am running Vista32 SP2 with Online Armor (Pro/Paid-2Yr License) with no problems and would recommend it as a viable option.

Shy