bad_pool_caller error?

Ashkir

Hi! I'm pretty computer dumb when it comes to these screens. First blue screen I've had in four years! That's a record! :D So anyways, my computer did a forced reboot and I heard a really loud grinding noise from my harddrive.

By googling around I see that it relates to the minidump somehow?

I'm kind of afraid to do anything now on my computer and at this time with medical issues I really cannot afford to buy a new one.

Operating System: Windows 7 32-bit;

Ram: 4 gb 3 usuable (the guy that installed windows 7 chose 32 not 64 ><)

Guest spc3rd

Morning Ashkir!

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having, as I myself have had occasions to experience some similar issues. Until one or more of our forum experts here can review your post and offer more detailed info, may I ask if you

would be so kind as to please provide the following information (shown beside the "numbered" lines further down this page), which should help make it easier for our distinguished moderators and many other very knowledgeable members here to assist you?

Please note that my suggestions here should NOT be construed to be of an EXPERT nature!

NOTE: The easiest way to obtain your computer system information is by downloading and running the Speccy program, from the following site: http://piriform.com. (This program will provide you with all the "specifics" about your computer system, hard drives, peripherals, motherboard, internal temperature, etc. (The Speccy program, as well as, all 3 of the other Piriform products offered are free to download. They do offer a "paid" support service (which you can decline) and accept donations to help support their development work). Donations are not required, however.

1. Your computer make and model; when your first obtained it.

2. The manufacturer's name of your hard drive, and its status.

Many hard drive manufacturers may also provide a utility program for use in testing your hard drive for problems. Such utility programs can usually be found on the hard drive manufacturer's website. Other suggestions I would offer include, defragmenting your hard drive, running the CCleaner program...also downloadable from the Piriform website link shown above.

That loud, grinding noise you mentioned hearing from your hard drive is somewhat disconcerting though. (The only reference to such a noise I personally have ever hear of is when a hard drive is beginning to malfunction). But, again...there are many, much more experienced, experts here on the community forum site than I, who can provide you with far more detailed, useful information than I,

Best Regards!

Guest spc3rd

Morning Ashkir!

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having, as I myself have had occasions to experience some similar issues. Until one or more of our forum experts here can review your post and offer more detailed info, may I ask if you

would be so kind as to please provide the following information (shown beside the "numbered" lines further down this page), which should help make it easier for our distinguished moderators and many other very knowledgeable members here to assist you?

Please note that my suggestions here should NOT be construed to be of an EXPERT nature!

NOTE: The easiest way to obtain your computer system information is by downloading and running the Speccy program, from the following site: http://piriform.com. (This program will provide you with all the "specifics" about your computer system, hard drives, peripherals, motherboard, internal temperature, etc. (The Speccy program, as well as, all 3 of the other Piriform products offered are free to download. They do offer a "paid" support service (which you can decline) and accept donations to help support their development work). Donations are not required, however.

1. Your computer make and model; when your first obtained it.

2. The manufacturer's name of your hard drive, and its status.

Many hard drive manufacturers may also provide a utility program for use in testing your hard drive for problems. Such utility programs can usually be found on the hard drive manufacturer's website. Other suggestions I would offer include, defragmenting your hard drive, running the CCleaner program...also downloadable from the Piriform website link shown above.

That loud, grinding noise you mentioned hearing from your hard drive is somewhat disconcerting though. (The only reference to such a noise I personally have ever hear of is when a hard drive is beginning to malfunction). But, again...there are many, much more experienced, experts here on the community forum site than I, who can provide you with far more detailed, useful information than I,

Best Regards!

Oooh! I actually have Speccy installed along with CCleaner which I learned from you guys. <3.

My computer is a Toshiba Qosmio x715. My dad got it for me about 3 and a half years ago since we were always on the go and I was constantly in hospitals and loved to play games. It was easier to get this laptop then haul a desktop over.

Operating System

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1

CPU

Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53GHz 43 °C

Penryn 45nm Technology

RAM

4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz (7-7-7-20)

Motherboard

TOSHIBA KSRAA (U2E1)

Graphics

Generic PnP Monitor (1440x900@59Hz)

L1975NW (1440x900@60Hz)

1024MB GeForce 9800M GTS (Toshiba) 54 °C

Hard Drives

313GB Hitachi Hitachi HTS723232L9A360 ATA Device (SATA) 37 °C

Optical Drives

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50F ATA Device

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

Hard drive:

Hitachi HTS723232L9A360 ATA Device

Manufacturer Hitachi

Product Family Travelstar

Series Prefix Standard

Speed, Expressed in Revolutions Per Minute (rpm) 7200

Model Capacity For This Specific Drive 320GB

Heads 16

Cylinders 16383

SATA type SATA-II 3.0Gb/s

Device type Fixed

ATA Standard ATA8-ACS

48-bit LBA Supported

Serial Number 081001FC1400NEG7JY4D

Interface SATA

Capacity 313GB

Real size 320,072,933,376 bytes

S.M.A.R.T

01 Read Error Rate 100 (100 worst) Data 0000000000

02 Throughput Performance 100 (100) Data 0000000000

03 Spin-Up Time 206 (206) Data 0000000001

04 Start/Stop Count 100 (100) Data 0000000573

05 Reallocated Sectors Count 100 (100) Data 0000000001

07 Seek Error Rate 100 (100) Data 0000000000

08 Seek Time Performance 100 (100) Data 0000000000

09 Power-On Hours (POH) 074 (074) Data 0000002D88

0A Spin Retry Count 100 (100) Data 0000000000

0C Device Power Cycle Count 100 (100) Data 000000056D

BF G-sense error rate 100 (100) Data 0000000000

C0 Power-off Retract Count 100 (100) Data 0000000015

C1 Load/Unload Cycle Count 091 (091) Data 0000018057

C2 Temperature 152 (152) Data 0000100024

C4 Reallocation Event Count 100 (100) Data 0000000001

C5 Current Pending Sector Count 100 (100) Data 0000000000

C6 Uncorrectable Sector Count 100 (100) Data 0000000000

C7 UltraDMA CRC Error Count 200 (200) Data 0000000000

DF Load/Unload Retry Count 100 (100) Data 0000000000

Temperature 37 °C

Temperature Range ok (less than 50 °C)

Status Good

Partition 0

Partition ID Disk #0, Partition #0

Size 1.46 GB

Partition 1

Partition ID Disk #0, Partition #1

Size 100 MB

Partition 2

Partition ID Disk #0, Partition #2

Disk Letter C:

File System NTFS

Volume Serial Number 1616ACA0

Size 297GB

Used Space 152GB (52%)

Free Space 144GB (48%)

And I do have a wireless. But, how do I update the driver on it?

Oooh! I actually have Speccy installed along with CCleaner which I learned from you guys. <3.

My computer is a Toshiba Qosmio x715. My dad got it for me about 3 and a half years ago since we were always on the go and I was constantly in hospitals and loved to play games. It was easier to get this laptop then haul a desktop over.

Hard drive:

And I do have a wireless. But, how do I update the driver on it?

You have two options:

1. Download the driver from Toshiba's web site based on the model of you laptop.

2. Download the driver from the vendor of the wireless card (e.g. Intel, Atheros, Broadcom, etc).

• 2 weeks later...