Realy Big Thank You

brian5028

I just used malwarebytes anti-malware tool yesterday/

And i just need to say thank you very much. I already knew my computer was infected. But the tool really really helped it out.

Here are the symptoms i had;the screen would flicker and flicker..until all i had was my blue background , no icons at all

;the taskbar would flicker on and off until that was gone too

:if i was fast enough to click on something, the flicker would stop it

:there was hardly anything i could do because the flicker would stop everything

:but i could use ctrl-alt-delete to access the task manager

:i had these exact same symptoms before and used my free anti virus program which caught a dozen files and quarantined them which saved me. (i am not telling the name, it has saved me in the past, but not this time)

:oh yeah, in safe mode the same situations occurred but in safe mode that "you are in safe mode....... box kept popping up

:after malwarebytes anti-malware tool cleaned my computer , my taskbar would still be flickering and go off, i am not quite sure how i fixed that but there are more than one toolbar fixes out there (i used 2), but i also went into the registry (I AM NOT TELLING ANYONE TO DO THIS) , especially because there is more than one StuckRects2 entry and deleted a registry entry called StuckRects2, by this time i had rebooted more than i care to remember which replaced the entry and corrected (i think ?) the taskbar , but the reboots were at least 4-5 times

:there was also a browser redirector occasionally but my anti virus would stop it.

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 2

Registry Keys Infected: 13

Registry Values Infected: 1

Registry Data Items Infected: 3

Folders Infected: 7

Files Infected: 13

Memory Modules Infected:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\pmnonOFx.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\yaywutQK.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Delete on reboot.

So again thanks very much

brian5028

Greetings and welcome to the forum.

If you see any more signs of infection or just want to be absolutely certain you're completely clean then please follow the instructions here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2936

and post your logs in a new topic here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7

Please be sure not to install any software or use any removal/scanning tools exept those that you are

instructed to by the expert who will be assisting you as doing so can make their job much more difficult.

I hope I was helpful. Good luck and safe surfing.