Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.

Zazi3

Essentially, i have contracted some type of virus/malware,/trojan or something that disables my anti-malwares. Every time i try to run any anti-malware (malwarebytes, avast, spybot, etc), it simply will scan for a few seconds, then close. Upon trying to re-open it i come up with the error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I run a windows 7 32-bit version 6.1, and have tried to run any anti-malware in both safe mode and safe mode with networking. I know similar problems have arose, but so far never for a windows 7 that i can find.

Hello, and welcome to Malwarebytes, zazi3:

Sorry to hear that your computer may be infected.

Alas, we cannot work on malware detection/removal in this PC Help section of the MBAM forum (this area is for non-malware related issues).

However, excellent, self-help troubleshooting info for getting MBAM to run on an infected machine can be found here.

And there are specific, self-help malware removal instructions here.

If you would like expert assistance with cleaning your system, there are 3 support options from which to choose:

• Option 1 -- Free, Expert advice in the Malware Removal Forum
  • Option 2 -- Paying customer using MBAM PRO -- Contact MBAM Support via email
  • Option 3 -- Premium, Fee-Based Support

OPTION 1

As we don't deal with malware removal in this PC Help Forum, you need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so that a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.

• First, please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
  • If the infection has so crippled the computer that you cannot follow most/all of the requested steps, then please just proceed as advised below:
  • Then please post a NEW topic here.
  • When posting your new thread, please make sure that, under "options", you select Track this topic and choose Immediate Email Notification, so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.
  • One of the expert helpers there will give you free, one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.
  • Please refrain from making any further changes to your computer such as (Install/Uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc...) unless advised by a malware removal helper. Doing so can result in system changes which may hinder the attempts by a helper to clean your machine.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to ("bump") your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count from zero. Helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post, helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus may overlook your post. This will only delay your obtaining assistance.

• o If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
    Or
    o You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

OPTION 2

Alternatively, as a paying customer using MBAM PRO, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or here.

OPTION 3

If you would like to use the Malwarebytes Premium Services (Comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs -- from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups), please go to the Malwarebytes Premium Services support site.

Please be patient -- someone will assist you as soon as it is possible.

Thanks very much!

daledoc1

PS: Please use the a8JTu.jpg button instead of other ones when you reply here and at the other forums, so that it will be easier to read. :)