New feature that scan for vulnerabilities?

FatCat0623

Not an entirely bad idea, but keeping up with all the software vulnerabilities that might exist on any given system is a laborsome task and would drastically take away from MBAM keeping up with the latest malware. So unless they hire some more staff to focus just on vulnerabilities, it just doesn't sound realistic to me. All that being said, if you want a software designed to do exactly that, you could look into Secunia. They have an online scanner and an offline one as well (the offline one installs in your system tray and updates itself, monitoring software you install and checks for when vulnerabilities get patched then notifies you to install the updates).

All that being said, if you want a software designed to do exactly that, you could look into Secunia. They have an online scanner and an offline one as well (the offline one installs in your system tray and updates itself, monitoring software you install and checks for when vulnerabilities get patched then notifies you to install the updates).

I do have Secunia on my PC...and embarassing to say, got it only because of the bot issues. Well, it might be possible that MalwareBytes can do an equal if not better job than Secunia (after all, having one software instead of two on a PC is always better for your disk space :P )given the team does allocate experts to concentrate in that area, but then it was on my mind that employing more is quite difficult given the recent economic climate.

after all, having one software instead of two on a PC is always better for your disk space

I don't know. Disk space is cheap. As good as any program might be - I would not want MBAM promising to be the one program (or suite of programs) anyone will ever need. The market is already flooded with 100s of those types, and none are good enough to trust as the sole protectorate of me, my systems, or my family - hence the need, and beauty of MBAM. It fills the gaps like expanding foam insulation.

it was on my mind that employing more is quite difficult given the recent economic climate.
Depends on which side of the table you sit. If business is such that you need more employees, there are large pools of unemployed to draw from - is good thing when looking for expertise in very specialized areas. But if you are one of the unemployed and you have nothing on your resume to make you stand out (degrees, certifications, and most importantly, verifiable experience), then it can be quite difficult.