Dell D600

I Know Someone is soon going to ask me, yes, I have alot of broken computers. (Even if no one was going to ask that, I just felt like i needed to say that) I recently was given a terribly broken Dell D600. I just want to know If I can transfer the following parts from a dell d800: (would they be compatible?)

1. Screen

2. Processor

3. RAM

4. CD Drive

Also I tried a 2ghz processer (This BIOS is A09) and On the Moniter I hooked to it, In white letters it said Processer upgrade Staus **Failed** Processor is not recognized. Run Setup. It clocked it @ 1.2 ghz, so i just replaced the 1.4 ghz processor, If I flashed the bios, would it work + Is it worth the risk?

Would they work? Thanks In advance

Not many folks around here this weekend, Bob, b/c of the holiday. :(

Have you tried www.support.dell.com?

They have all sorts of help for hardware and software and drivers.

Just a thought...

daledoc1

Thanks, I will ask them but, If anyone else has any input, I would be glad to hear it!

Off Topic: Is that your dog?

From my experience with those models (my work uses Dell laptops more specially D600's (D610, D620, D630, and now E6400's)) the screen is to big and the memory may be different the drive may not fit properly either... so really I would say its not very compatible...

From my experience with those models (my work uses Dell laptops more specially D600's (D610, D620, D630, and now E6400's)) the screen is to big and the memory may be different the drive may not fit properly either... so really I would say its not very compatible...

Processor

1. Screen

2. Processor

3. RAM

4. CD Drive

1. The screens are different sizes to start with so it will not fit in the same bezel (case for say)

2. The processor on the D800 is probably faster so you shouldn't need to swap out the processors, but more than likely they may be interchangeable. You can check by going to http://support.dell.com and look up both service tags and see what processors they both shipped with, if they match then they fit.

3. Remove the memory cover and see if the RAM speed and type is the same.

4. CD Drive, I believe that they are compatible, they had a quick release lever on both of them, remove both and see if they look the same and fit.