mbam-dor.exe detected as keylogger by Panda antivirus

It's obviously a False Positive, and moreover Panda is the only AV "detecting" it:

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/2be1057...622ed327764dfe1

Interestingly, the latest version of the file is no longer detected, implying in the process that you need to install the latest version of MBAM as well... :P

Happy Holidays!

X-Mas%20Reindeer.gif

Dr.Web, PrevXCSI, IKARUS and others already was fixed their def for mbam.exe, mbam-dor.exe, etc...

malwarebytesantimalwarenl1.jpg

28010770ik5.jpg

VirusTotal report from 06.10.2008

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic173000.html

My report from 28.10.2008 is 0/38 0%...

48289292lp2.jpg

The problem with PANDA and Twister Anti-TrojanVirus defs is from 27.10.2008(or earlier) and they do nothing about to fix this issue ;(

Definitely false positive.

Merry Christmas ! :)

It's obviously a False Positive, and moreover Panda is the only AV "detecting" it:

http://www.virustotal.com/analisis/2be1057...622ed327764dfe1

Interestingly, the latest version of the file is no longer detected, implying in the process that you need to install the latest version of MBAM as well... :P

Happy Holidays!

X-Mas%20Reindeer.gif

Hello i just updated my mbam and then scanned the file mbam-dor.exe and it is still detected by panda virustotal scan report

Is it correct that the current version should be 1.31 and the database version 1544? I seem to have those installed. I can complain to panda but i dont know if they listen to my complaints because i use their free service called panda activescan.

Is it correct that the current version should be 1.31 and the database version 1544?

Yes, that's correct, but I just noticed that my version of the file is a slightly different size, and the creation date also differs slightly from yours, although version nr. is 1.0.0.0 for both... :P We probably need the input of one of the developers to make sense of that.

I can complain to panda but i dont know if they listen to my complaints because i use their free service called panda activescan.

Not at all: all AV vendors are eager to correct FPs, regardless of who reports them; It wouldn't reflect favorably on them if they didn't

Yes, that's correct, but I just noticed that my version of the file is a slightly different size, and the creation date also differs slightly from yours, although version nr. is 1.0.0.0 for both... :P We probably need the input of one of the developers to make sense of that.

Not at all: all AV vendors are eager to correct FPs, regardless of who reports them; It wouldn't reflect favorably on them if they didn't

Hmm i hope that my file is legitimate though... yeah but if you could ask from the developers that would be good. Thanks. Well i gotta go now. Good night to everyone.