Program or Way to Explore Empty and Useless folders

I've had my computer for a little over a year now and I notice more and more empty folders created by programs that are either still there or uninstalled. Is there a good program or way to browse all of these and choose what to delete? I use CCleaner but that doesn't do what I am asking. Also any Windows built in Utility is not capable of what I am asking to my knowledge... Also I know Advanced SystemCare sort of does what I am asking but I am highly skeptical of using it. So any other suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

(OS Windows 7 64bit Home Premium)

If they are empty folders from programs that have been uninstalled, why don't you just delete them?

(you could leave them in the recycle bin for a while to make sure everything is OK, and then dump them from there...)

Or Revo Uninstaller?

(I wouldn't set it to higher than "moderate").

OTOH, if the folders are empty (not taking up disk space), then you could just ignore them??

HOWEVER: if you are talking about REGISTRY CLEANERS, then that is an entirely different ball of wax... ;)

daledoc1

Well yes I could manually go through every path on my harddrive... but I don't have that kind of time. Thats why I want to know if there is any program out there. Leaving them there becomes annoying to me, I don't want to see whats not on my computer when I'm looking through it, I want to just see things that are necessary and make it look nicer :)

Revo Uninstaller doesn't really do what I'm asking...

Also My registry is fine and this has nothing to do with that.

you could run revo in the advanced mode ... but this will leave behind certain folders at times .

once you know that a program has been uninstalled you could go back through the program files (and other places) and look for a folder that has been left behind .

sometimes these things just get lost in the shuffle .

sometimes you have to apply some cranial juice and elbow grease to a "problem" .

you could run revo in the advanced mode ... but this will leave behind certain folders at times .

once you know that a program has been uninstalled you could go back through the program files (and other places) and look for a folder that has been left behind .

sometimes these things just get lost in the shuffle .

sometimes you have to apply some cranial juice and elbow grease to a "problem" .

First Thank you Exile, I'll have a look... also guys Revo is not what I'm looking for... its not useful for things that are already uninstalled unless I'm just completely mistaken...

First Thank you Exile, I'll have a look... also guys Revo is not what I'm looking for... its not useful for things that are already uninstalled unless I'm just completely mistaken...

So I ran that program Exile and put the term 'Windows' in the ignore list and it seems to have done a wonderful job. No errors and so far every thing looks good. Thanks!

I'm not sure if Norton had a similar tool or not, but I have seen other little freebie apps with similar functionality. I like the one I linked you to because it's open source, free and they have a portable version (I always use portable programs when possible).

Also note that you may still find folders that aren't empty after uninstalling programs in your Application Data folders (for the current user and all users) and in the Program Files\Common Files folder. I often have to clean up those locations after uninstalling software and the folders themselves are often not empty.