Whats.....AMBSpiE.exe?

Hello everyone,

Not to sure the best place to post to ask, I have a process which is running called "AMBSpiE.exe" when I right click on it, it says its todo with creative sound. When I google it all I get is its Malware and does injections and stuff. But when I run a scan with Malwarebytes is says computer is clean.. Just to be sure also ran a scan with Kaspersky which shows computer is clean as well. Is this file safe?

Any information would be very greatful,

Kind regards,

Basically, malware and viruses can come with any name. Even 'Windows Update' can be legit (from Microsoft) or malware...

In case you have anything installed on your computer from Creative Technology Ltd. (e.g. Creative Sound Blaster for audio, or Creative Live Cam as webcam), I personally wouldn't worry too much, especially since your Virus Total result was clean.

So the next question would be: Do you have anything installed from Creative Technology Ltd., and if so, what?

Basically, malware and viruses can come with any name. Even 'Windows Update' can be legit (from Microsoft) or malware...

In case you have anything installed on your computer from Creative Technology Ltd. (e.g. Creative Sound Blaster for audio, or Creative Live Cam as webcam), I personally wouldn't worry too much, especially since your Virus Total result was clean.

So the next question would be: Do you have anything installed from Creative Technology Ltd., and if so, what?

I have Onboard Creative sound card SB X-Fi MB

In your specific case I would assume that AMBSpiE.exe refers to the background process from Creative Labs that notifies you of updates.