Trouble Updating

Was having trouble updating MBAM tonight. Stumbled onto this article here and figured it could fix it.

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=86352&st=0&p=437003entry437003

Unfortunately it didn't and anytime I hit update the same error happens in this version as well.

"An error has occurred, please report this error code to our support team.

PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATING (504, 0, HTTPStatusCode"

Any help would be appreciated.

Not trying to spam but I keep trying to update every couple of minutes between TV commercials to see if this may be an issue with my internet since nothing has changed on my computer since last update, and the error has changed to this.

"An error has occurred, please report this error code to our support team.

PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATING (404, 0, HTTPStatusCode)"

Went from 504 to a 404 it seems. Just thought I'd report it. Sorry for the double post as I can't seem to find an "Edit" button.

I think there might have been a glitch at the MBAM servers for an hour or so.

I couldn't load the forum pages, either.

I don't know if the cdn/update servers and the forum servers are the same, but at least the forum is back up.

Have you tried again to update manually?

daledoc1

I think there might have been a glitch at the MBAM servers for an hour or so.

I couldn't load the forum pages, either.

I don't know if the cdn/update servers and the forum servers are the same, but at least the forum is back up.

Have you tried again to update manually?

daledoc1

It might be working now. When I tried a manual update/check for updates from my system tray/notifications area, it says that I have the latest database definitions.

Well to further verify this is to witness an actual increment on the update...

@ eric c.:

Yes, it is OK now (at least at my end).

I am set to hourly updates checks.

I was on 6965 when the servers were down.

When I checked the computer ~4 hours later (06:30 local time), it had auto-updated to 6966.

Remember, even if your scheduler is set to check for updates hourly, that doesn't mean there will always be a new database version every hour. :)

So, you may be watching a kettle to boil, so to speak, if you want to monitor in real-time until the next database version update, as it may be a few hours from now. ;)

Cheers,

daledoc1

PS: Please use the a8JTu.jpg button instead of other ones when you reply here and at the other forums, so that it will be easier to read. :)