Extended Download

I attempted to find this information on the website and forums but didnt find, sorry if i missed it in a easy find location.

Is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Consumer License limited per one windows installation or as many windows installations that I personally have?

Im a bit confused what the extended download really is supposed to be. Ive read in another post the license duration is life time, so if the license lasts for your lifetime and you can download the Pro version directly from the site whats the point?

Is there something special about the version advertised for the extended download?

Im actually a bit surprised I couldnt find these questions in a faq on the website, surprised there isnt a faq to begin with.

Thanks for you application, I had some malware (first in decades) and Malwarebytes found it and delt with it. I would like to license the pro verison I just need to understand the questions above before i proceed.

Hi,

This is what Malwarebytes End-User License says:

One Computer Per License (which is life time)

1. This License applies to one instance of the Software, which may only be installed on one computer at a time.

2. Once installed onto a computer, the Software may be operated by any person using the computer, whether directly or via remote connection.

3. Users who wish to transfer their license to a different computer must first completely uninstall the Software from the first computer, then reinstall the software on the new computer and re-register the Software on the new computer with Malwarebytes.

4. You may not run the Software on a network, but must install it on only on the quantity of individual computers you are licensed for and run it locally on those computers. However, you may install the Software onto individual computers via upload or ‘push through’ via a network.

Gerard

The extended download simply offers you a direct link to provide access to the product for reinstallation after purchase, that being said, you can of course always simply download the free version from here if you needed to reinstall it on your system.

How long do you get to download the full version if you do purchase it without the extended option?

I dont see how downloading the free version would be the same, unless if can be upgraded with some key.

How long do you get to download the full version if you do purchase it without the extended option?

I dont see how downloading the free version would be the same, unless if can be upgraded with some key.

Malwarebytes only comes in one version the free. Inserting the license key activates paid features. :)

That's correct, with the Free version, all you need to do is open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware after installing it and click on the Register button at the bottom, you'll then need to enter your ID and Key (which you will be emailed upon purchasing) and that activates all of the PRO features.

That's correct, with the Free version, all you need to do is open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware after installing it and click on the Register button at the bottom, you'll then need to enter your ID and Key (which you will be emailed upon purchasing) and that activates all of the PRO features.

ok thats how i expected it to work, but if this is the case what benefit of the extended download option? Is it already registered?

hi staff and Good job for MBAM.

Good question Pickle1

us see no advantage

The extended download simply offers you a direct link to provide access to the product for reinstallation after purchase, that being said, you can of course always simply download the free version from here if you needed to reinstall it on your system.

You have true exile360 but is expensive 7,08$ for Extended Download.

try free link don't pay 7$ "direct link of Extended Download" is not updated in last version.

but mbam good work

As I understand it, it's pretty standard for CleverBridge to always offer the Extended Download option for all of the software products they sell. For other vendors that do not provide a free download for their product to their paid users, it would be very useful to have, but that is correct, with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, while it is sometimes useful to have such a direct download link/alternate download location, it is usually not necessary.

• 1 month later...

The "extended download" item on the order form is what I have come here to find out about. I don't think that anyone should have to ask this question here - either the extended download should be removed from the Malwarebytes order form or an explanation should be given thereon, and given the one I've seen here I suggest that removal of any mention of it would be the way to go.

And what's to stop there being "Lifetime licence for one PC" against the £20 price?

That's not to say that I don't appreciate the benefits that MBAM has provided me at no cost for several years but, of all outfits, surely MBAM should be up-front and crystal clear.

clemenzina x