old software update

guys i wanna ask you a question first of all

my operating system is windows 7 home premium x64 and was updated to sp1

i downloaded and installed most of my software (applications)from cnet.com ,is it trusted or not?

i need to update 2 programs (manually)

- dap (download accelerator plus)with no info at all, just version no.

- jet audio with (acresso software inc)at the setup file is this trusted (safe).?

they are not up to date while my psi (personal software inspector) by secunia states that my

programs are all up to date

is my system now vulnerable to infections or what? dap and jet audio are not vulnearable to

security threats (do u know what i mean)

how ever there is anothe question regarding x64

as when i first used this system i didn't know what is the difference between 32 and 64 so i guess

i installed 32x programs and it's working (did i do something wrong here?.) what possibly could happen?

thanks

i downloaded and installed most of my software (applications)from cnet.com ,is it trusted or not?...secunia states that my programs are all up to date
As a quick answer to this, yes they (Cnet) are generally regarded as among the safer download sites.

However they are also there to make money, so be careful what you download (as with any site that sells only 3rd party programs and none of their own).

is my system now vulnerable to infections or what? dap and jet audio are not vulnearable to security threats
These are not security issues to worry about and generally pose no threat

Hi tito335 -

This is only based on my former use of DAP (now uninstalled) , and my use of Secunia PSI program to keep my computers updated and secure.

From what I know Secunia PSI is used to basically keep an eye on security, and similar program updates. Not on all installed programs.

Always read the program details when you download any version.

Someone else may add to this with a better example, but I always check Secunia whenever the bars start to change from Green to Red.

If programs are not listed in Secunia PSI, then I think they are only personal choices and not always monitered.

As a further example, I have Speccy installed, but this will not show in Secunia PSI.

You can always check the DAP home site for updates, and choose if you wish to add any newer updates. Just Google download accelerator plus to check.

Thank You -

http://www.speedbit.com/dap/ Link to DAP and the newer Beta download also. (DAP/speedbit site)

http://jetaudio.en.s...ownload?ptn=jau Jet Audio latest download, Version: 8.0.14 Date added: April 14, 2011 (Softonic Downloads)

thanks noknojon and cwb

thanks for the links and every thing but:

my dap as i said in the install file with out any details of publisher or something

and jetaudio is by acresso software inc.

is this okay ? or what?

and for the update do i have to uninstall then reinsatll or just install the new ver and it will automatically remove the old one

also for cwb's answer

i installed windows mobile device center for x32 while x64 version was available!!!! that was long time ago and it works fine.

am i still okay?

yep ... it is ok .

the reality of 64 vs 32 is in the case of handling/manipulating large amounts of data more efficiently (plus a couple of other things) .

for a majority of "older" programs that were written in 32 bit , they are just fine .

some "brand new" programs are written exclusively in 32 bit ... no need/justification for 64 bit .

looking at the "change log" for some newer/updated versions of combo 32/64 programs will include such things as :

"improved stability problems in the 64 bit version"

another way to look at this is that the bugs have been mostly worked out of the 32 bit stuff over the years .