Error code 1008

Today I installed a new version of Kaspersky Anti-virus 2011 and a short time ago this Malwarebytes alert popped up

[shell_NotifyIcon] Failed to perform desired action. Error Code: 1008

I figure it must be related to the Kaspersky installation or perhaps it's a Microsoft issue?.... Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks.... Blaine012

As soon as I closed my IE I found a message on my desktop from the compatabiltiy wizard that there was a problem with Malwarebytes and to go online for a solution. It told me that I needed to uninstall my Adobe Flash player and then reinstall it. I did it so let's see if that was it....If it was.. sorry I wasted everyones time... Thanks.. Blaine012

Greetings :)

I'm glad you got it sorted out. Also open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Protection tab and verify that it says you're still protected, as it's possible with this error that the protection module itself may have crashed, but you should be able to enable it again by checking the box next to Enable protection module.