MalwareBytes is using excessive amount of memory!

I'm using Malwarebytes Pro V 1.51.0.1200 with all shields enabled, and it is using an excessive amount of memory. Not sure if this is normal, but i would not think so. Looks like possible memory leak or incompatibility. Also, i was able to kill all Malwarebytes processes from the task manager. Is this expected behavior? Selfdefense seems weak.

post-62103-0-23633900-1308860735.jpg

That looks normal to me. Also note that mbam.exe is NOT part of the realtime protection module, so normally it would not be running in the background unless you are performing a scan (closing it cuts out 82,040K of RAM usage right there).

Also, at this time, Malwarebytes' has no self-defense mechanism.

Generally speaking, we should not need to. As long as we (or your resident antivirus) have detected the threat before it has had a chance to run or install, then it would not be able to disable the protection.

That being said, self-protection is a good idea I think, we simply don't have any such measures in place at this time.