EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE BOOT-UP?

Hello and :welcome:

Well I have never tried it like that, but I suppose in a dual boot environment you could install windows in the external drive and it may work, but as far as I know Windows needs to be loaded in a physical hard drive attached to the IDE port or SATA port.

External Hard Drives are normally to be used to backup data and storage.

It's possible as long as your BIOS supports the option to boot from USB devices (which most modern PC's do). You could even boot from a USB flash drive with such systems.

Oh that is so true exile, I forgot about the BIOS boot to USB and Flashdrive... Thanks for the correction....

Thank you for the advice.

Is pressing F2 on boot-up the only way to access the BIOS set-up.?

Thanks.

Well depending on what computer you have is how its configured... most use one of the 'F' keys to get to it its not always F2... some have an 'F' key that allows you to pick where to boot from directly bypassing the bios screen and some make use of the 'Del' and 'ESC' key... but as far as I know that should be the only way to launch the BIOS screen.