Virus removed but missing some files

Guest carumelle

Guest carumelle

Hello,

I've done the scans for my laptop after getting infected with the Vista Repair virus and it worked out fine. I noticed that my files and programs were missing (unless I went to the search bar for them) so I downloaded Unhide.exe and DDS as instructed from another thread and my files reappeared. Everything appears to be normal again The only things that seem to be missing are the programs and files on the start menu and in my user account folder (ex. the My Documents folder disappeared from the user account folder, but all the contents of the former are there; the My Music folder is blank but my music appears when searched).

How do I unhide the rest of these?

Here are the recent logs. Thanks!

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.0.1200

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6900

Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1

Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000

6/20/2011 2:21:18 PM

mbam-log-2011-06-20 (14-21-18).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Objects scanned: 183286

Time elapsed: 13 minute(s), 48 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

DDS (Ver_2011-06-12.02) - NTFSAMD64

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6001.18000 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_20

Run by Danielle at 14:24:40 on 2011-06-20

Microsoft

I wonder if this Unhide program might be my solution as well. What were the symptoms? In my case, I ran Malwarebytes, but on restart I find that various programs will not open and I am asked to tell the computer what program I want to use to open the file.

Is this what happened with you?

Regards,

Ken.

Guest carumelle

Nope, I didn't have a problem opening programs at all. While I had the virus, I kept having pop ups that my hard drive was corrupted and a "Windows Vista Repair" scanner popped up. It also looked like it completely wiped out my files and programs, but they were apparently hidden.There were a few programs that seemed like they were wiped out of my computer, but after using Unhide.exe those missing programs reappeared and ran normally.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!