Another load Database Error 0.13.createSDK (WinXP)

Error load database (0. 13. create SDK), I am running Windows XP. I have tried deleting the rules file and still get the error. I then ran the clean uninstall and disabled my primary antivirus (Avast) after reboot before running the installer, I did not allow it to update from the install menu, when I went to load the program I was greeted with the error before I could even attempt to update.

It appears this is certainly a recent issue as all the posts I'm seeing pertaining to it are around the June timeline...I've been a loyal supporter of Malwarebytes for several years now, in fact I work in TechSupport for a local ISP, I take every opportunity to recommend your software to customers with malware issues and I also install it on all my client's computers when I do repair work on the side. Unfortunately, I am afraid if a resolution is not brought about here I am going to have to take my business on over to SuperAntiSpyware, I've had more than one instance now where it has outperformed MBAM as far as it's detection ability, but I've been holding off from switching entirely due to simple loyalty. Please right this wrong so that I may continue my longstanding usage of your tools.

Hi -

You can always use the SAS free version if you are having problems at this time (I run both).

Several problems are being felt by only a few customers, and you can always contact the Help Desk at support@malwarebytes.org for quick answers.

This service is always open to customers with any Malwarebytes problems, and the service is usually same day fixes.

Due to some operating system problems, File Hippo lists all previous versions that can be used.

I hope a member of Staff can assist you quickly, or please contact the Support Desk -

Thank You -

Hello SerpantNine,

Have you utilized noknojon's advice on contacting support via email?

I want to avoid two helpers on one system, otherwise I will be glad to take over this topic and assist you further.

Thank you!

Hello Serpent,

OK, I will be glad to assist with you then. :)

Let's do a clean reinstall of MBAM.

Please do the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Thank you.

Mainard,

If you'll note in my first post, I attempted this last night, unfortunately I still received the error, it happened as the program was booting this time, which was strange. Install went through (I chose NOT to let it update via the installer) but then when I went to run the program I received the error before I could even get to the main GUI.

Hello SerpentNine,

Please boot into safe mode (Restart your system and before your computer loads Windows press f8. This will prompt you for boot options select Safe Mode)

After that, please attempt to launch MBAM in safe mode.

Finally, run a quick scan (if applicable).

Please let me know the result.

Thank you! :)

Hello Serpent,

Please Download OTL to your Desktop:

To Use OTL:

• Get OTL From
HERE
Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
OTL should now start. Change the following settings
Change Drivers to All
Change Standard Registry to All
Under File Scans, change File age to 30
Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt (first run only). These are saved in the same location as OTL.
Please attach these 2 files in your next reply.

Thank you.

Hello Serpentnine,

IF you could please install MBAM again, then create a process Monitor log.

To Create a Process Monitor Log:

• Create a new folder on your desktop called Logs
  • Please download Process Monitor from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on Procmon.exe to run it
  • In Process Monitor, click on File at the top and select Backing Files...
  • Click the circle to the left of Use file named: and click the ... button
  • Browse to the Logs folder you just created and type MBAM Log in the File name: box and click Save
  • Exit Process Monitor and open it again so that it starts creating the logs
  • Re-Create the issue. (launch MBAM.exe)
  • Close Process Monitor
  • Right-click on the Logs folder on your desktop and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder
  • Please attach the Logs.zip file you just created to your next reply

Thank you!