Need to be sure Trojans, Virus are gone!

Guest cassiereroni

Guest cassiereroni

I would exit them as well as the web browser. :)

Ok, guess I better write down the instructions.

And if I don't come back, you'll know I through the computer out the window. :lol:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: If you have any questions or concerns, let me know.

Hope this gets to you ok.

I'm back. Fixed the cookie situation from my end and I my new name, as you can see, is lilpeanut.

Must say that I am exhusted working on this thing so I think I need to take at least the rest of today off. Been working on this puter for the past 48 hours with only 5 hours sleep. Need sleep.

Will check back later when I can see one letter per word instead of three.

Hopefully, I won't be locked out again before I get back.

cass...errr....lilpeanut

Well hello there! My you've changed! :lol:

I've had a heck of a time. I've been really sick and I just tried to log on with my original user name but it's still not letting me. Got a message that I wasn't allowed in the forum. Had to go back out and delete cookies again in order to get here.

Wanted to ask you what you thought of Ubuntu? And a dozen other questions but I'll start with that. Still using Panda Cloud at the moment, did get Opera installed. Using that now. I like it. :rolleyes:

lilpeanut a/k/a cassiereroni

Well hello there! My you've changed! :lol:

:D

I've had a heck of a time. I've been really sick and I just tried to log on with my original user name but it's still not letting me. Got a message that I wasn't allowed in the forum. Had to go back out and delete cookies again in order to get here.

I'm sorry to hear you were ill. Unfortunately, I guess you'll just have to use the lilpeanut account from now on.

Wanted to ask you what you thought of Ubuntu? And a dozen other questions but I'll start with that. Still using Panda Cloud at the moment, did get Opera installed. Using that now. I like it. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear you like Opera! Ubuntu (and pretty much every version of Linux like Red-hat, Devian, etc.) are pretty intriguing... you might like them better then Windows- they certainly are safer ;)

Wow, I got lost for a minute there! Somehow I kept jumping to my profile page. sheesh.

Before I start asking to much about OS's I accidently deleted some of my pictures when I deleted a HP Photo Application. How would I get them back? A lot of them I do want to delete because they are duplicates and triplicates, but a few of them are the only ones I have copies of. Should have uploaded them to photobucket first but, well, I think your getting to know of my dumb-dumb moves. :rolleyes:

Ok, now if I change OS's, will all the problems I've been having be fixed if I start anew like that or will the problems still be there?

cassiereroni

How would I get them back?

Navigate to the Recycle Bin. Highlight which pictures you want to keep, Right-click -> Restore. They will now appear in the folder where they last were before you deleted them ;)

If you've emptied the Recycle Bin, I'm afraid there's no way to recover them.

Ok, now if I change OS's, will all the problems I've been having be fixed if I start anew like that or will the problems still be there?

They should be gone. Windows problems will only affect the Windows OS partition, Linux problems will only affect Linux, etc.

Hope that helps :)

Ok, I have an HP Pavillion 553x. The OS for it is stored on the D drive, which for whatever reason, I can't access anymore from the C drive like I used to. Such as to reinstall the OS. With some of the fixes we did I do have access to system restore again, at least it says it created a restore point but damned if I know if it really did cause I am afraid to touch to much in this thing anymore unless I talk to you first.

Anyway, if I were to install Ubantu, or whatever, what would happen to all that disk space on the D drive? Could I actually use it for some good or would it be just dead space? I hate the thought of having the entire OS on that drive, it's a lot of drive space that I could be using for something else if it can be done.

(and what is the hypertext for adding my webpage to my signature? I'll do it right the first time or was that the reason I had that problem?)

lilpeanut

(guess I better get used to this one)

Lord Almighty, you're a slippery little devil! ;)

One minute your here and the next your gone! :lol:

I'll be hanging and surfing for awhile. :P

lilpeanut

Ok, I have an HP Pavillion 553x. The OS for it is stored on the D drive, which for whatever reason, I can't access anymore from the C drive like I used to. Such as to reinstall the OS. With some of the fixes we did I do have access to system restore again, at least it says it created a restore point but damned if I know if it really did cause I am afraid to touch to much in this thing anymore unless I talk to you first.

The "D" drive is actually a Recovery Partition. You can access the HP Recovery tools via rebooting your computer, and selecting F11 in the boot options. From there, you can do System Restore, Factory Reset, and access a whole bunch of other features ;)

Installing Linux (or any other OS) would require a free partition. I believe you can delete the HP Recovery Partition on "D" and install Linux there.

MAKE SURE that you create a set of Recovery disks before you delete the Recovery Partition.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about installing Linux. I suggest that you do some research and possibly ask around on the Ubuntu/Linux/HP forums. They'll know the answers to all of your Linux questions ;)

(and what is the hypertext for adding my webpage to my signature? I'll do it right the first time or was that the reason I had that problem?)

I would avoid adding a link to your signature- we don't want to see you mistaken for a spammer again ;)

hmmm, that sounds ominous. I don't know if I should try doing that with my luck. I'll have to do an awful lot of research.

Ok. Something is going on that I don't understand. I just clicked on the link you posted about creating recovery disks and I got this message:

Malware Warning

Visiting this page may be harmful. It has been reported for distributing malicious software.

Opera Software strongly discourages visiting this page.

Go Back Safely Why was this page blocked? Ignore this warning

And it's not updating here, even though I do have instant notification on. I have to go up to where I would sign in and it tells me there that I have replies.

What'd I do this time?

And it's not updating here, even though I do have instant notification on. I have to go up to where I would sign in and it tells me there that I have replies.

Your email client might have Malwarebytes auto emails set as SPAM. check your spam folder, they might be there ;)

That one worked.

Well, half of them were in the spam folder and half weren't. Only my luck could do that....go figure.

I marked them all as Not Spam so maybe it's working now.

It's yahoo for crying out loud. Shouldn't they know that?

And, do you think I could use my cassiereroni email account or should I continue using this other one? When I signed up with cassiereroni as a username I used my cassiereroni@yahoo.com account.

But when I signed up with lilpeanut I used another one. I'd really rather use cassiereroni but I would guess that I can't.

Aww, geez. I was just looking over the info for creating recovery disks and I can't. I had a problem with my dvd drive and had it replaced. I didn't notice until much later that it was replaced with a cd drive. Not a dvd/cd drive.

However, I did make sure to request the old drive be returned to me so I do have that. Don't know how to go about checking it so I guess I'll have to take it to someone.

And, do you think I could use my cassiereroni email account or should I continue using this other one? When I signed up with cassiereroni as a username I used my cassiereroni@yahoo.com account.

I think its worth a try :)

However, I did make sure to request the old drive be returned to me so I do have that. Don't know how to go about checking it so I guess I'll have to take it to someone.

You can also purchase a DVD drive that connects to your computer via USB ;)

Oh God, here we go again!

I was just surfing the web for the past couple of hours. Had some problems but figured them out, it was a page refreshing deal. But then I decided to shut down and restart. I was going to run a Malwarebytes scan, the long one before my pro version go bubye for good tonight.

When the computer restarted I got a Blue Screen! Apparently, it happened once before, when my grandson was on the puter and he didn't ask me anything about it and just restarted the computer. (Believe me I went up one side of him and down the other for closing any window he doesn't read and understand what is being said.)

Anyway, the Blue Screen said:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

The problems seems to be caused by t he following file: PSINAflt.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufactureer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use to remove or disable componets , restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Start Up Options and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*STOP: 0x00000050 ()xFF091000, 0x00000000, 0xf06175F3, 0.00000000

PSINAflt.sys - Address F06175F3 base at F0608000, Date Stamp 4db8a567

Beginning dump of physical memory. Physical memory dump complete.

Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

Then when I restarted cause I didn't know what else to do, and thankfully it started, I got a message saying there was a serious error when starting and it was going to send a report to MS.

Error Signature, BCCode: 10000050

BCP1: FF091000

BCP2: 00000000

BCP3: F06175F3

BCP4: 00000000

OSVer: 5_1_2600

SP: 3_0

Product: 256_1

Then there was a link to see the more stuff and when I opened that it said:

Error Report

C:\Docume~1\Mom\Locals~1\Temp\WERc0a8.dir00\mini070211.dmp

C:\Docume~1\Mom\Locals~1\Temp\WERc0a8.dir00\sysdata.xml

I am completely lost with all of this. I updated a few of my drivers, couldn't tell you which now except the audio driver, and there were more, and I downloaded a number of software apps.

How bad is this? :(

I can't tell you how much I panicked when I seen that. It's the first time in the 8 years since I bought this puter that I've ever seen one.