Anyone else have problems with Tom Mercado ?

Has anyone else had a problem after Tom Mercado has initialized a fix, then said it was complete, but it wasn't, and left you incommunicado with a non-functioning computer ?

This has happened to me (a fully paid up subscriber) and none of my emails are answered.

Is Tom Mercado a pseudonym for the HelpDesk guy ?

I would like to know if this has happened to other people.

Hello, hughmunbeane:

I am sorry you are unhappy with the assistance you received.

I am certain a member of the MBAM staff will respond to your concerns as soon as possible.

However,...

Unless you were posting under another user profile or there is another thread somewhere that is not immediately visible, then there seems to be no record of your having been helped with malware removal by Tom Mercado (TeMerc), let alone of any "complete" fix.

In fact, your most recent thread HERE appears to have been moved to the resolved/closed section of the HJT-malware removal section over a month ago, since it appears that you did not reply to the last post in the thread , which was made by your expert helper, Screen317, who asked that you run a rootkit removal tool.

As the malware removal forum is very busy, the expert helpers must close those threads to which the original poster does not reply after a reasonable amount of time.

This is spelled out quite clearly at the malware removal forum.

That said, you are always welcome to send a PM either to your expert helper (who was actually screen317) or to any member of the moderating team, asking that your malware removal thread be re-opened.

If you have other questions or concerns about the help you have received at the forum, then they would also be best handled via PM, rather than by airing your personal grievances publicly at the forum.

I expect that your displeasure stems in reality from some sort of misunderstanding, as I (just a home user with 2 PRO licenses) have ALWAYS found EVERYONE here (both MBAM staff and fellow forum members) to be uniformly helpful, expert, and responsible.

Help is always provided cheerfully, thoroughly, and with great care, even for users of MBAM FREE.

Finally, there are other support options available, if the free, expert assistance here at the forum is not working out for you:

--- As a paying customer using MBAM PRO, you may wish instead to start a support ticket by contacting support at: support@malwarebytes.org; or

--- Premium, fee-based support options are available here.

Please await further advice from the MBAM staff - I'm sure they will be more than willing to assist you.

Best regards,

daledoc1

Thanks for your explanation, daledoc1

I will await some communication from MBAM staff.

Hello, hughmunbeane:

I am sorry you are unhappy with the assistance you received.

I am certain a member of the MBAM staff will respond to your concerns as soon as possible.

However,...

Unless you were posting under another user profile or there is another thread somewhere that is not immediately visible, then there seems to be no record of your having been helped with malware removal by Tom Mercado (TeMerc), let alone of any "complete" fix.

In fact, your most recent thread HERE appears to have been moved to the resolved/closed section of the HJT-malware removal section over a month ago, since it appears that you did not reply to the last post in the thread , which was made by your expert helper, Screen317, who asked that you run a rootkit removal tool.

As the malware removal forum is very busy, the expert helpers must close those threads to which the original poster does not reply after a reasonable amount of time.

This is spelled out quite clearly at the malware removal forum.

That said, you are always welcome to send a PM either to your expert helper (who was actually screen317) or to any member of the moderating team, asking that your malware removal thread be re-opened.

If you have other questions or concerns about the help you have received at the forum, then they would also be best handled via PM, rather than by airing your personal grievances publicly at the forum.

I expect that your displeasure stems in reality from some sort of misunderstanding, as I (just a home user with 2 PRO licenses) have ALWAYS found EVERYONE here (both MBAM staff and fellow forum members) to be uniformly helpful, expert, and responsible.

Help is always provided cheerfully, thoroughly, and with great care, even for users of MBAM FREE.

Finally, there are other support options available, if the free, expert assistance here at the forum is not working out for you:

--- As a paying customer using MBAM PRO, you may wish instead to start a support ticket by contacting support at: support@malwarebytes.org; or

--- Premium, fee-based support options are available here.

Please await further advice from the MBAM staff - I'm sure they will be more than willing to assist you.

Best regards,

daledoc1

I thought it better to stick with one help from email contact, rather than the forum, I could have been wrong. Sorry I didn't let you know I was going that way.

I don't know what happened in Help Desk, but I do know that you abandoned your topic in the Malware Removal forum when I was helping...