Mouse & keyboard don't work after using MBAM.

Hello, I am using the MBAM 1.51 version with W XP sp3. I did a full scan of my C:\, because my search bar was redirecting me to a different sites. When it finished it found like 26 alerts. I was busy at work and just clicked "delete all" and restart not paying attention to what I was deleting.

When computer rebooted Windows opened normally, but now i can not do anything with my mouse or keyboard, they just wont move. If try "safe mode" keyboard allows me to move arrows to select "safe mode", but again once windows opens neither mouse or keyboard work.

Any ideas of what i can do folks? Thanks.

Hello, and sorry for the delay!

Try this please. You will need a USB drive.

Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computer

• Run GETxPUD.exe
  • A new folder will appear on the desktop.
  • Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.bat
  • The program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and upon finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.
  • Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.
  • Remove the USB & CD and insert it in the sick computer
  • Boot the Sick computer with the CD you just burned
  • The computer must be set to boot from the CD
  • Gently tap F12 and choose to boot from the CD
  • Follow the prompts
  • A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear
  • Press File
  • Expand mnt
  • sda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDD
  • sdb1 is likely your USB
  • Navigate to /mnt/sda1/documents and settings/<your username>/Application Data/Malwarebytes/Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware/Logs/mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd
    Please look for the most recent log, and copy it to your flash drive (right click > copy, then navigate to /mnt/sdb1, right click and select Paste.
  • Click the Home tab, and click Power Off. After shutting down xPUD remove your flashdrive and put it in a working computer.

Post me the MBAM log please.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!