Mouse & keyboard don't work after full scan & deletion

Hello, I am using the MBAM 1.51 version with W XP sp3. I did a full scan of my C:\, because my search bar was redirecting me to a different sites. When it finished it found like 26 alerts. I was busy at work and just clicked "delete all" and restart not paying attention to what I was deleting.

When computer rebooted Windows opened normally, but now i can not do anything with my mouse or keyboard, they just wont move. If try "safe mode" keyboard allows me to move arrows to select "safe mode", but again once windows opens neither mouse or keyboard work.

Any ideas of what i can do folks? Thanks.

Hello and welcome, frost29:

Well, it sounds as if you're in a bummer situation as a result of the infection.

It's likely that the malware had infected important files & that's why your peripherals are no longer working.

Alas, we do not work on malware removal in this particular part of the General MBAM forum.

However, free, expert assistance can be found at the malware removal-HJT forum.

Here's how to get started:

1. First, please go to THIS PAGE, print out, read and follow as many instructions as you can, skipping any you are unable to complete. If the system is too crippled by the malware or the consequences thereof, then just do the best you can.

2. Then, please describe your computer's symptoms as best you can and post the requested logs by starting a new thread at the Malware Removal-HJT forum . (Please use copy/paste to include the scan results directly in the body of your post, rather than attaching the log files.)

One of the authorized, trained experts will then assist you as soon as possible for one-on-one malware detection and removal. They will also help you get your system back into working order.

When you post, please be sure to select Track This Topic & choose one of the email options, so that you will be notified when someone responds.

Please be patient and allow at least 48 hours before bumping your thread - the "0" reply count helps the experts spot your thread.

Other Support Options:

--- Alternatively, as a paying customer using MBAM PRO, you may wish instead to start a support ticket by contacting support at: support@malwarebytes.org; or

--- Premium, fee-based support options are available here.

Also, please use the "Add Reply" button when replying here & at the other boards, so that it will be easier for everyone to follow the thread.

I hope this gets you started on cleaning up your system,

daledoc1

Hi, Dale, I have read the instructions of your links, but issue is that I can not download or safe anything on my computer (I am using another one I have right now to write this BTW), since nor the mouse or keyboard work. First of all I would need to find a solution to get my mouse & keyboard to work and proceed with the removal instructions. Hope some here can help!

Hi, Dale, I have read the instructions of your links, but issue is that I can not download or safe anything on my computer (I am using another one I have right now to write this BTW), since nor the mouse or keyboard work. First of all I would need to find a solution to get my mouse & keyboard to work and proceed with the removal instructions. Hope some here can help!

Hi, Frost29:

As I mentioned, I realize that your system has been crippled by the malware, and that you could not follow the exact instructions advised to run the scans, etc. :(

But, this particular part of the General MBAM forum is only for discussion of issues installing/running MBAM.

Unfortunately, we cannot work on malware removal or the after-effects thereof in this particular forum.

There is a PC Help sub-forum HERE for assistance with non-infection related problems.

However, since there still may be traces of infection on the system, the single best place to start is in the malware removal forum.

Just describe your computer's problems as best you can (and/or provide the link back to this thread) and someone will assist you, not only with detecting and removing the infection, but with getting the computer back to working.

Once you are clean, if you are still having hardware issues, then the helper *may* refer you to the PC Help section.

Or, you can use one of the other options listed in my original reply, if that works better for you.

Best regards,

daledoc1