Just Dowloaded the program and have a question

Susan

I just downloaded the program and got rid of AV2010 from my computer by using it..... I have McAfee anti-virus installed on my computer and it didn't pick it up at all.. My question is this: Is Malwarebytes Ant-Malware the same thing as an anti-virus program? Also since I downloaded Malwarebytes now when I right click on one of the program links on my desktop it says Scan with Malwarebytes as an option instead of McAfee like it used to.. so it is like it has taken the place of it n a way.....

• Staff
I just downloaded the program and got rid of AV2010 from my computer by using it..... I have McAfee anti-virus installed on my computer and it didn't pick it up at all.. My question is this: Is Malwarebytes Ant-Malware the same thing as an anti-virus program? Also since I downloaded Malwarebytes now when I right click on one of the program links on my desktop it says Scan with Malwarebytes as an option instead of McAfee like it used to.. so it is like it has taken the place of it n a way.....
Hi Susan, welcome to the Malwarebytes forum

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is actually not much like anti virus at all. Anti-virus applications typically deal with worms, viruses and trojans. While Malwarebyte's does target many trojans, it does not inherently attack worms and viruses. So it's a good idea to be sure you have both an anti-virus application installed as well as an anti-spyware application, which you've now gotten covered with MBAM installed.

In so far as the MBAM taking over the 'Scan with....' from McAfee, I'm not sure it would actually replace it but add to it as an option to scan.

I hope that's been helpful.

Enjoy your stay.