Manual Update Broken?

It seems that with the latest version, the manual update procedure does not work (at least not consistently).

I installed MWB on a Vista machine then went to the c:\programdata\MWB\MWB (you know what I mean) folder and replaced Rules.ref with today's definitions. When I started MWB however, a look at the updates pages said it was still on version 6705. The text file following the scan also said that was the version of the database. I double checked and that old file, from May, was overwritted by today's file. Is there somewhere else that we now need to put the file or some new procedure for this version?

sch

Just to add to the above...

If I delete the file, MWB complains that there is no database file, but after adding it back, it still displays the old database version. I do note that the "Fingerprints loaded" matches the number (321387) from the original file moved from the host machine.

Hello and :welcome:

When you replace the file manually, even though the program may have the old version displayed, it is using the new rules file. (this is by design at the moment)

A while back I had suggested something about this very topic. Anyway, to get it to update the number at the moment the only way to do that is to run an update on that computer, which in turn will download the whole file once again.

Hello and :welcome:

When you replace the file manually, even though the program may have the old version displayed, it is using the new rules file. (this is by design at the moment)

A while back I had suggested something about this very topic. Anyway, to get it to update the number at the moment the only way to do that is to run an update on that computer, which in turn will download the whole file once again.

Thanks. I was hoping it was just a display issue.