Did I illegally install malwarebytes pro?

Hi, I'm a computer consultant, and I purchased 20 licenses a while back for MB for a customer and installed it on all their computers. They are a business, but I didn't realize there was a "business license". Did I inadvertently illegally license the software since I didn't go through corporate sales? Do I need to go uninstall the software from all their computers?

Greetings and welcome :)

Technically, yes, but resolving the issue should be simple enough. They can get their licenses converted to corporate, just have them contact corporate@malwarebytes.org or contact them on the company's behalf and one of our corporate sales team members will assist them or yourself in getting proper licensing set up :).

Greetings and welcome :)

Technically, yes, but resolving the issue should be simple enough. They can get their licenses converted to corporate, just have them contact corporate@malwarebytes.org or contact them on the company's behalf and one of our corporate sales team members will assist them or yourself in getting proper licensing set up :).

What's the cost? Is it more expensive? I ask because I'll probably have to eat the cost myself if it is. There should really have been something in the purchase process that let me choose business license, I feel kind of cheated.

The cost varies, and I'm not in sales myself, but I do know that it is a yearly subscription fee for corporate licensing, not a lifetime license as it is with consumer purchases. As for the purchase page, it goes through the company that handles our sales, CleverBridge, however, on our homepage www.malwarebytes.org, you can see this near the bottom of the page:

post-2103-0-98059300-1308062307.png

Also, if you click on the page for additional info on the PRO version, you'll see this on the right side of the web page:

post-2103-0-93137900-1308062343.png

I'll just let this customer know that we licensed this software under a false pretense, uninstall it and look into a different solution for them, and keep the licenses to use with my consumer clients. Apparently back when I bought this it didn't say anything about consumer order on the license email. The original emails said

Reference ########: Your order of Malwarebytes Corporation's products

then the wording changed on later orders to

Reference ########: Your Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware order.

My more recent purchases say:

Reference ########: Your Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Consumer License(s) order.

So at least now you let people know what kind of licenses they are buying on the actual license emails.

If you're going to migrate the licenses you should run the clean tool on each of the systems to remove the license data from those systems so that you don't have any issues when attempting to register them on different PC's:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important