Question regarding MBAM popup when blocking an IP address (outgoing)

Guest spc3rd

Guest spc3rd

Good evening everyone!

I have noticed periodically MBAM will display a popup over the Taskbar stating that it has blocked a particular IP address, and lists the type as outgoing. In checking my McAfee Inbound Events Log I find that every single time MBAM has generated an outgoing block for an IP address, McAfee has recorded that same IP address as having made an attempt to access one of my system ports!

I have run both a full scan and flash scan with MBAM, as well as, a full scan with McAfee and no issues were found. This seems like just an odd fluke to me. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenen or have any ideas on it?

Thank you for your time and any insight!

If you have both incoming and outgoing blocks happening, it could be an infection or rootkit on your computer, it is best to have an expert take a look at your logs to ensure there is no infection. If after the experts deem your computer to be free of infections then perhaps we could look for other causes.

If you think you are infected, here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

[*]Option 1

Guest spc3rd

Bood morning Firefox!

Thanks very much for the info you provided! I went with option 2, contacted MBAM support, & received a reply back just a few minutes ago which has resolved the issue I presented.

Best Regards & thanks again!