When will Help file be fixed?

With MB open, click on Help and it opens a screen with a link to MB and a "Help" button. The button opens a browser, and downloads a .CHM file. Finding and clicking on the CHM file causzes the browser to opne and begin the download of itself, again. oogle, not MB had the answer - use a command line (DOS) and type in the extract commands. After manually extracting the files, there are twelve files.

1. 9 html files
  2. 1 hhc,
  3. 1 hhk
  4. and 1 logo file.

None called default, index, start here or any indication which should be opned first. Hardly a professional way of doing things - leaving it up the end user to register in a forum to find an end user who might know a better way.

The 'help' reads more like a 'buy me - buy me!' ad. The only thing that differs is - nothing is blinking and flashing in one's face.

The forum description says "comments welcome". So, my comment is that I am disappointed in MB because:

• When I decided to purchase, the price was 24.95. When I received my receipt, it showed I had been changed an extra $1.50. When I asked why, the payment processing company said it was MB's policy to "add an up-charge". When I asked MB, they said it was their payment processors. Makes me wonder where the buck will stop, I mean buck-fifty.
  • I know how to install software. I get my updates and everything as would a reg'ed version, but I also get notices that my "trial expires in " number of days! 24.50 + changing "up-charge" for a trial? What will they stink of next!
  • Support is via a Forum - where it can be days to get a response and that might be 'yeah i have the same probs to.' to questions to a Trolls bait. But, I have seen some real answers here.
  • Fast support? One must have the same fast credit card used to purchase the software so one can purchase help. Must have learned that watching late-night ads about telephone chats.

Makes me wonder - did I end up with another one of those false-positives?

I

With MB open, click on Help and it opens a screen with a link to MB and a "Help" button. The button opens a browser, and downloads a .CHM file. Finding and clicking on the CHM file causzes the browser to opne and begin the download of itself, again. oogle, not MB had the answer - use a command line (DOS) and type in the extract commands. After manually extracting the files, there are twelve files.

1. 9 html files
  2. 1 hhc,
  3. 1 hhk
  4. and 1 logo file.

None called default, index, start here or any indication which should be opned first. Hardly a professional way of doing things - leaving it up the end user to register in a forum to find an end user who might know a better way.

The help file is not downloaded through a browser, it should just open when the button is clicked. It is the mbam.chm file located in the same folder where Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is installed. It's possible that someone or something has altered your file associations for .chm files, which may be causing the issue.
The 'help' reads more like a 'buy me - buy me!' ad. The only thing that differs is - nothing is blinking and flashing in one's face.
How so? Please do be specific because that is not at all our intention. The help file is meant to provide information on using our software as well as to address some common issues and questions that our users may have so we are very open to your feedback so that we can improve it.
The forum description says "comments welcome". So, my comment is that I am disappointed in MB because:

• When I decided to purchase, the price was 24.95. When I received my receipt, it showed I had been changed an extra $1.50. When I asked why, the payment processing company said it was MB's policy to "add an up-charge". When I asked MB, they said it was their payment processors. Makes me wonder where the buck will stop, I mean buck-fifty.

I'm honestly not sure where that extra charge came from unless it was through CleverBridge, who handles our online payment system.
  • I know how to install software. I get my updates and everything as would a reg'ed version, but I also get notices that my "trial expires in " number of days! 24.50 + changing "up-charge" for a trial? What will they stink of next!

That means you're currently using the trial, all you need to do to register your lifetime license is open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Register button at the bottom of the program window and enter the ID and Key that you were sent via email from CleverBridge when you made your purchase.

• Support is via a Forum - where it can be days to get a response and that might be 'yeah i have the same probs to.' to questions to a Trolls bait. But, I have seen some real answers here.

We offer support here on our forums as well as via email (the email option is much quicker, but here on the forums our turnaround time is also pretty fast). The email address for support is support@malwarebytes.org.

• Fast support? One must have the same fast credit card used to purchase the software so one can purchase help. Must have learned that watching late-night ads about telephone chats.

No credit card (or purchase) is required to receive support, even support via email is free of charge and available to both free and paid users, though paid users do get priority (although I've never even heard of a single support ticket going without a reply for more than a single day, and usually far less).

Makes me wonder - did I end up with another one of those false-positives?

I

If you are unhappy with your purchase, please do contact support@malwarebytes.org and I'm certain that they would be more than happy to process a full refund for you if you wish, we do not want users paying for our products if they are not confident in our company, our products and the protection that our products provide.