Can't discover what is trying to access 208.73.210.29

Hoping someone can help...this is similar to topic 66032, but I am limited in what I can do, because my PC is my employer's and they have certain restrictions in place.

My Dell Latitude notebook is issued to me by my employer. They have Trend Micro Office Scan installed, and it runs automatically. I cannot disable it.

There is SOMETHING on the pc that is trying to acces this addres over and over: 208.73.210.29

The Trend Micro scanner DOES successfully block the communication. It pops up a notification each time it does it, and it is getting very annoying.

The exact URL being blocked is http://208.73.210.29/wpad.dat

However, I have run the Trend Micro scan, AVG Anti-virus, and now Malwarebyets Anti-malware, and each of those scans come up clean. But still, something continues to try and access this URL, and it gets blocked by Trend Micro.

What can I do to find out exactly what is trying to access this URL?

I have tries Wireshark, and I can see the instances of trying to access that URL, but the information logged appears to just be a bunch or random charaters...nothing (as far as I can tell) to point me to the suspect file or program.

Edited by exile360
Rendered link unclickable

• Root Admin

Unless you have Admin rights to the system to disable and add/remove things then you're not going to be able to fix it.

Also some businesses have policies against employees doing such work on their systems which could potentially get you in trouble.

If that is the case then you should have your IT department look at fixing the computer.

If you do have admin rights and are okay to work on the system and modify things then someone may be able to assist you in the HJT forum.

This is an IP that we block as well.