MB Update Errors

Re: Post started 03 June 2011 - 05:51 PM MB update errors (now locked)

With regards to your last suggestion

Tried that - does not work even when the windows firewall is turned off and Avira real time protection is also off.

I have now spent too much time on these failures. The fact that the clean XP install is OK when checked with other scanners Comodo, Avira, GMER and SAS leads me to believe, imho, that MB has some serious issues with their SW. This belief is enhanced by the fact that the down load of rules.ref always appears to work, plus MBR scan is clear and Autoruns does not indicate any suspicious files.

So, for now I have removed MB from my 3 systems and replaced it with SAS.

I hope you manage to resolve your update problems soon. I will return to try MB again some time in the future.

regards Elint4

So, for now I have removed MB from my 3 systems and replaced it with SAS.

I have both SAS and Malwarebytes installed (have for years) and I have no problems updating either manually (from the program update tabs) -

This unit has just had a Full New Reinstall (last week) and there are no problems existing - Avira is my A/virus at this time (was MSE on old install) and Comodo firewall -

Is your version the Free (on demand) scanner or the paid version -

The Uninstall and Reinstall process usually clears out these problems -

Please try this Un / Re install once more (updated uninstaller has been added) -

Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important

After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Thank You -