ZBot.gen!y

I picked this up and was actually made aware of it from Chase, my credit card company. I was also getting pop ups from Microsoft Security Essentials but it was also saying it fixed the problem. However, that was not the case. I downloaded the free version of Malwarebytes and from what I can understand, it fixed it. I then went back and paid for a copy as my gesture of satisfaction. I thought I'd pass this on to see if anyone else had problems with this ZBot virus.

Hello and welcome, T84A:

Glad MBAM did the job for you. Upgrading to PRO was a good idea, to help keep your system from being infected in the first place. :)

Just to be sure your system really is clean, you might want to do the following, since we do not work on malware detection or removal in this part of the General MBAM forum:

1. First, please go to THIS PAGE, print out, read and follow as many instructions as you can, skipping any you are unable to complete.

2. Then, please describe your computer's symptoms as best you can and post the requested logs by starting a new thread at the Malware Removal-HJT forum . (Please use copy/paste to include the scan results directly in the body of your post, rather than attaching the log files.)

One of the authorized, trained experts will then assist you as soon as possible for one-on-one malware detection and removal.

When you post, please be sure to select Track This Topic & choose one of the email options, so that you will be notified when someone responds.

Please be patient and allow at least 24-48 hours before bumping your thread - the "0" reply count helps the experts spot your thread.

Other Support Options:

--- Alternatively, as a paying customer using MBAM PRO, you may wish instead to start a support ticket by contacting support at: support@malwarebytes.org; or

--- Premium, fee-based support options are available here.

NOTE: If you are a reseller, affiliate, technician, corporate, business, educational, government or non-profit customer then please contact corporate-support@malwarebytes.org and include full contact details along with your Reference # when you do, in order to ensure that you receive prompt assistance.

Also, please use the "Add Reply" button when replying here & at the other boards, so that it will be easier for everyone to follow the thread.

Best regards,

daledoc1