Odd behaviour (Foxit Creator)

Mad Dog Vee

So after Comodo was highly recommended nearly everywhere as the best free firewall I grabbed myself a copy and installed both the firewall & AV. I vaguely remember that the Comodo AV doesn't conflict with your regular one (AVG on the machine in question).

I ran the AV & on my external HDD which just happened to be still attach it found

Foxitcreator_setup.exe to be a TrojWare.Win32.TrojanDropper.Agent.~DB(ID=0xc9a30)

Now I am wondering whether this is a false positive (FP, F/P as you lot seem to call them) or whether Foxit really isn't that great. I've never ran this program or at least not that I recall because I discovered it was one of the Foxit pay for tools. I was/am only interested in free or near free downloads.

I use Foxit Reader without any problems.

I'm guessing and I stress, guessing, that it is a false positive, probably because it carries an optional toolbar or some such.

What do you think? Over to you.

So after Comodo was highly recommended nearly everywhere as the best free firewall I grabbed myself a copy and installed both the firewall & AV. I vaguely remember that the Comodo AV doesn't conflict with your regular one (AVG on the machine in question).

You should never use two AV software together. Once installed, they can conflict with each other. (Exceptions are of course standalone tools like ClamWin etc.)

It sounds like f/p to me. You should have it checked in place like Virustotal, Jotti or Virscan to be on the safe side.

Hello Mad Dog Vee

This is my Comodo setup, never had a problem.

Firewall Security Level, set to Safemode

Defense+ Security Level, set to Disabled

These are the rest of my security programs installed, AntiVir, SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol and MBAM (PM Disabled)

You should never use two AV software together. Once installed, they can conflict with each other. (Exceptions are of course standalone tools like ClamWin etc.)

It sounds like f/p to me. You should have it checked in place like Virustotal, Jotti or Virscan to be on the safe side.

Yeah I thought the same thing about the AVs. Like I said, it was a vague recollection. I'll disable Comodo's AV part then.

And follow up with those other sites.

Sho-Dan, what is it that you have disabled?

I still think Foxit is a F/P as Jotti came up clean, as did virus total

VirScan said 2/36 found Malware:

F-Prot found Possible W32/Heuristic-400!Eldorado (not disinfectable)

PrevX found TROJAN.DOWNLOADER.GEN

So either these progs are better than all the rest or its a false positive.