Uninstalling EST NOD 32?

It seems that after using MB for a week, it has turned my EST NOD 32 program into a trial version.

I am trying to delete it fully, so I can reinstall it, but it's proving to be very difficult to do this.

Is there a way this can be done?

Doesn't work for me...

If you are trying to uninstall ESET's NOD32 Antivirus 4, what full version name of Windows were you trying to uninstall it from and what version of ESETUninstaller.exe did you use and what did it report exactly?

Thank you! :)

Hi bmg,

If you get around to viewing this reply, I expect you'll have sorted your problem out. Anyhow, for what it's worth, I recently had to uninstall Eset Smart Security

owing to a license activation problem. Their Tech Support recommended uninstalling from in Safe Mode and thence clicking on Start, finding Eset in Start Menu and

>Uninstall.

I must admit that prior to this, I never uninstalled AV programs in Safe Mode but I guess it makes sense and I will continue this practice in future.

Take care, Brian67

I am using XP and used the uninstaller from the start menu, and from their site.

It seems to be gone, but is still there in Control Panel.

When I try to remove it from there, it says a fatal error has occurred, and it 'rolls back' the process.

Definitely a turn-off when I have an experience like this, causing me to not really want this on my computer anymore.

Will try Avast from now on.

If you are going to use Avast with Malwarebytes Pro, make sure you use the exceptions below....

Avast!

Set Exclusions for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in Avast! Antivirus 6 (Free, Pro and Internet Security):

• Open Avast! antivirus and click on REAL-TIME SHIELDS on the left
  • Click on File System Shield on the left and click on Expert Settings
  • Click the Exclusions section
  • Click on Browse next to the blank entry at the bottom of the list (this will be the only entry if no other exclusions have been set yet)
  • In the Select the areas window click on the + next to C:
  • Click the + next to Program Files Note: For 64 bit Windows versions this will be Program Files (x86)
  • Click the box next to Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on OK
  • Click OK again
  • Click on Web Shield on the left and click Expert Settings
  • Click on Exclusions and check the box next to URLs to exclude:
  • Type or copy/paste the following address:
    *.mbamupdates.com
  • Click on OK
  • Click on Behavior Shield on the left and click Expert Settings
  • Click on Trusted Processes
  • Click on Browse next to the blank entry at the bottom of the list (this will be the only entry if no other exclusions have been set yet)
  • Navigate to C:Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click once on mbam.exe and click Open Note: For 64 bit Windows versions this will be Program Files (x86)
  • Do the same for the following files:

• mbamgui.exe
    • mbamservice.exe

[*]Click on OK

[*]Close Avast! antivirus

Set Exclusions for Avast! Antivirus Free, Pro and Internet Security in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:

• Open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click on the Ignore List tab
  • Click on the Add button on the lower left
  • In the small browse window that opens, navigate to C:\Program Files and click once on avast software and click on OK
  • Close Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware