icon of MBAM

well guys i was infected two days ago and by avira's support team they recommended me to install mbam as to remove all malwares clean my pc

the problem is when i first download this i download it to my desktop and then i installed without problems

but the problem appeared when i tried to move some files like desktop shortcut icon and mbam setup file (source) to another

folder and i found that mbam shortcut became with no logo so i hit undo remove windows asked me to confirm adminstrator rights to do so so i was freaked out so i hit x (close) and the move the shortcutto dektop again and but after restart the icon appears on desktop without logo .

so i uninstalled via contol panel (but the icon is still on desktop)!!! so i delete it and then reinstalled and this time i unchecked desktop shortcut and now i have the mbam in my start menu like this

but it works

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/mbam.jpg/

also why every time i open mbam windows asks me to whether allow mabam to do changes on my computer and every time i hit yes

how come it's already installed whay it asks this?

also how to turn of the gaurd as i accidentally turned it on and i don't know how to turn it of !!! as i hit start trial and then four of five check boxes appear in protection tap !!!!!!

thank u

Hello and welcome, tito335:

1) First priority is your recent infection:

Since you were recently infected, it might be best to have one of the malware experts assist in checking your system to be sure it is clean.

You may still have some malware traces.

Alas, we do not work on malware removal in this particular part of the forum.

However, free, expert assistance can be found at the malware removal-HJT forum.

Here's how to get started:

1. First, please go to THIS PAGE, print out, read and follow as many instructions as you can, skipping any you are unable to complete.

2. Then, please describe your computer's symptoms as best you can and post the requested MBAM and DDS logs by starting a new thread at the Malware Removal-HJT forum .

One of the authorized, trained experts will then assist you as soon as possible for one-on-one malware detection and removal.

When you post, please be sure to select Track This Topic & choose one of the email options, so that you will be notified when someone responds.

Please be patient and allow 24-48 hours before bumping your thread.

Other Support Options:

--- Alternatively, as a paying customer using MBAM PRO, you may wish instead to start a support ticket by contacting support at: support@malwarebytes.org; or

--- Premium, fee-based support options are available here.

NOTE: If you are a reseller, affiliate, technician, corporate, business, educational, government or non-profit customer then please contact corporate-support@malwarebytes.org and include full contact details along with your Reference # when you do, in order to ensure that you receive prompt assistance.

2) "Generic" MBAM icon:

It may just be that you need to do a clean reinstall of MBAM, using the MBAM cleanup tool, followed by reinstallation (be sure to have your PRO license info handy before running mbam-clean, since you will need to re-enter it).

If you still have icon issues after that, then please have a look here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=70605&view=findpost&p=362519

There are links in that post to a tutorial with 2 methods on how to rebuild the Windows 7 iconcache.db.

------------------------------

Please use the "Add Reply" button when replying here & at the other boards, so that it will be easier for everyone to follow the thread.

Hope this helps a bit,

daledoc1

1- as for the first question

actually we did removed and repaired the system by ur tool and also some other tools then updated every single program created a new restore point and deleted the old ones :) all of this was done in 48 hours with help of one of avira's support team.

if u want to see the avira's topic where my issue was found just let me know i will post it here if it's okay?

2- i will and i will let u know the results ,but i guess i have the trial ver right? so do i need that pro license no., i guess i don't remeber i got or entered any no. and the wiered thing that mbam is working but with no logo icon.

3- could you please tell me how to turn off the mbam as i'm afraid to get false positive as u call it since i have avira running.

thanks

Please do the following, it would probably fix your error with the icon, also the mbam-clean tool only affects malwarebytes and no other programs (as for the permission thing, it is probably UAC that is asking for permission to run and that is normal):

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

• Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

ok thanks a lot and just one more question before i start

what happens to the quarentined files after i use the mbam cleaner tool?

as by the help of avira's team we removed a malware file and i guess it's now in the quarentine section . so do i have to do any steps before i start ?

also i'm gonna double check steps before we start

1- uninstall mabam via control panel

2- use mbam cleaner tool

3- restart windows then install mbam (latest ver)

p.s what 's the UAC if u don't mind ?

thanks again

windows 7 home premium

Hello again, tito335:

No, you do not have to separately uninstall MBAM (so, you can skip step 1; this was only necessary with past versions of mbam-clean).

Just follow Firefox's & my instructions -- the current version of the MBAM cleanup tool will do the uninstall and cleanup in 1 step.

Yes, you will need to restart the computer after (it will prompt you to do this).

Yes, if you are running the PRO (paid) version, you will need to re-register with your license information. So, be sure you have it handy somewhere NOT on the computer (it will be in an email sent to you by Cleverbridge when you purchased the PRO version).

Be sure to UPDATE MBAM after you reinstall it.

Also, there is no need to turn off MBAM with Avira, as long as you set the necessary exclusions and permissions in both programs that will allow them to work together. MBAM is designed to work alongside AV programs like Avira. Please post back and tell us if your version of Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit and we will tell you how to do this.

FWIW, the reinstall of MBAM may or MAY NOT resolve your icon issue.

It did not fix it for me or several other folks when it happened to us some time many months ago.

If it does not, then please read THIS POST.

There are links to a tutorial at www.sevenforums.com for how to rebuild the iconcache.

Let us know how it goes.

daledoc1

PS: "UAC" is the Windows User Account Control. Read HERE.

first of all thank u daledoc

and for the other thread i was just posting what mbam detected i don't it started today to keep detecting and stopping websites that i dont understand like in my other threads.

ok before i start

also here is the last scan was done with avira team and we deleted one file : see if this help

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.0.1200

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 6776

Windows 6.1.7600

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

6/6/2011 5:24:38 AM

mbam-log-2011-06-06 (05-24-3.txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|E:\|Q:\|)

Objects scanned: 326562

Time elapsed: 40 minute(s), 6 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 2

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

e:\rockstar games\GTAIII\grand theft auto 3 nocd.exe (RiskWare.Tool.CK) -> Not selected for removal.

c:\programdata\common.data (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Hello, tito335:

Thank you for posting that.

HOWEVER, as I explained in my original reply HERE, and as Buttons explained HERE, we cannot not work on malware removal in this particular part of the forum.

That means we cannot review your MBAM logs here, as we regular members are not authorized or permitted to assist with detection and removal.

Only the experts can do that.

They will likely need additional information, besides the results of the MBAM scan, in order to determine if your system is clean.

And it needs to be done in the correct part of the forum (sorry, but those are the rules).

So, PLEASE:

First, please go to THIS PAGE, print out, read and follow as many instructions as you can, skipping any you are unable to complete.

Then, please describe your computer's symptoms as best you can and post the requested MBAM and DDS logs by starting a new thread at the Malware Removal-HJT forum .

One of the authorized, trained experts will then assist you as soon as possible for one-on-one malware detection and removal.

When you post, please be sure to select Track This Topic & choose one of the email options, so that you will be notified when someone responds.

Please be patient and allow 24-48 hours before bumping your thread.

I'm really sorry, but we are going around in circles here and at your other thread.

It would be best if you would please follow our advice to post with the correct information in the correct part of the forum, so that the proper folks can help you.

When you are done there and when your system is clear of any possible infection, feel free to come back here to this forum for any remaining MBAM problems, if they still exist.

Thank you very much,

daledoc1

yes daledoc sorry but really this was by mistake as i opened the two thread at the same time and i accendintally post it here

and i could not find any delete or remove post so i continued posting at the right section now and i also informed them in the thread about the topic that i did also at the same general section .

soryy for any disturbance i caused .

and i will begin working on the mbam icon issue after i finish working with the log analysing and get the problem fixed as i'm afraid to remove the mbam now because it's still blocking websites.

iam so sorry really

i hope i could delete these off topic posts that i did.

Hello, tito335:

Good!

I see that you have started a thread at the malware removal forum: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=86659.

PLEASE wait for an expert to help you there.

The forum is very busy, so it may take 24-48 hours for someone to pick up your thread.

I see that you have already replied to your own original post -- it is best to wait for assistance before doing anything else to the computer.

When the experts see that the number of replies is not 0, they may think you are already being helped.

That will only delay getting assistance.

So please be patient.

You may also wish to send a PM to the moderators to ask that they close both this thread and this one here: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=86630.

Or you may ask your expert helper to do so.

Good luck and I hope that your computer is cleaned up soon,

daledoc1