Updfate error message

I have the paid version of Malwarebytes and am using it under the user account (which I use for surfing). I have been able to update this way until today. I got the reminder that my database was 7 days old. When I tried to update (tried more than once) I got the following message: "program_error_updating" (183,0,SHSetValue) "cannot create a file when that file already exists"

Hello Quartetman,

Scheduled updates are a little different from a program update. To update the program you will need to run MBAM from an administrator account or the option to right click-> run as administrator.

For scheduled updates for the latest database, as long as an administrator schedules hourly/weekly/realtime updates MBAM will follow those updates set up by the administrator properly on any account logged into the system.

I believe you had a scheduled update occur and then MBAM wanted to upgrade to the latest version. After running the program upgrade on your administrator account MBAM should be running fine. Is this accurate?

Thank you very much!