Possible to recover file deleted by File Assissin?

Hello and :welcome:

Yes it is possible to recover the file, but you will have to use third party software such as GetDataBack

Sometimes depending on how much hard drive read and writes you perform on the computer the file that gets restored is not usable though, so it is recommended that you do not add too many new files to the system until you have done the restore, also restore it to a different drive and test it first.

Thanks to both of you for your help. I downloaded Recuva, did a backup and turned it loose. It found about 370,000 deleted files and is now searching those files for the filename I'm looking for. Estimates 4 hours left. It's extremely easy to use. I'll let you know how it works.

• 2 weeks later...

You are quite welcome, I appreciate the follow-up to let us know everything is working well for you.

If you have any other questions or issues arise in the future please do not hesitate to create a new topic describing your issue in detail. A friendly forum helper will be glad to assist you.

Thank you very much! :)

• 4 months later...

You are quite welcome, I appreciate the follow-up to let us know everything is working well for you.

If you have any other questions or issues arise in the future please do not hesitate to create a new topic describing your issue in detail. A friendly forum helper will be glad to assist you.

Thank you very much! :)

Hello. I'm new here and decided to look around to see if I could find out why I'd ever want to use "Assassin". I noticed your reply to "bjornagain", who was having a problem recovering some info. I'm confused at your reply whereby you say to him:

"I appreciate the follow-up to let us know everything is working well for you."

Did I miss one of his posts? The last one I read was that he still hadn't recovered his lost info. In other words, everything is still not working well for him. Hence my concern (being new here),that I had missed one of his posts.

Thanks.

No luck. Recuva kept getting itself into an endless loop. I got it straightened out, but the program couldn't recover the file. Thanks for the help.

david91406 as you can see from his post here, bjornagain states he was not able to recover the file, but he also stated that he got it straightened out, this is why I replied the way I did.