Pro Version with Realtime Protection

Hello there,

I now have Version 5.1 (Pro) installed, and I have some questions regarding how the updates work with realtime protection, and also how the Protection Module works... in the Scheduler settings, I selected the update frequency to Realtime since this is one of the main features that I wanted to have by getting the Pro version if it's anything like realtime protection that comes with Nortons, for example...

My question is this; after performing an initial full system scan, is it even necessary to perform such scans in the future if Realtime protection and the Protection Module is enabled?... and is it even necessary to manually check for updates under the Updates Tab?... WHAT EXACTLY is being performed when realtime protection is enabled?... from what I have gathered myself, I believe it is updating the database on a frequent basis (I have it set to every 5 minutes), just like Nortons does with their realtime pulse updates... but what about actual protection with the Protection Module?... it says that it "protects you from malicious threats before they can damage your system"... if this is true, isn't it safe to say that system scans are irrelevant later since the threats are blocked even before they can get into your computer?...

Personally I don't mind doing manual updates and scans, but I am also going to install this program into my 15 year-old son's new computer, but he lives elsewhere, so I would like to have the program running on auto-pilot AS MUCH as possible if I am not there to check his system on a regular basis... it's his first computer, and he's not familiar with the importance of keeping on top of scans and updates with important protection programs as such, so that's why I'm concerned with these additional features... This is a brand new computer that I ordered for him, which is going to arrive here within the next couple of days... once I receive it, I am going to install Nortons AND Malwarebytes into it, then send it off to him all ready to go...

I think you know what I'm getting at, so if anyone can help me understand how these additional features work exactly, it would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello Fullgrown,

First off, I appreciate your purchase of the pro version of our product!

The protection module will block any harmful threat's from running while on your system. The reason for automated updates is to have the most up-to-date database in which to block the malicious threats from running. Scans are for when the protection module misses something due to a threat occurring within your system before the database has been updated in time to catch the threat.

So for automation's sake add a weekly scheduled Quick scan.

post-60618-0-14216800-1307408085.png

Then add a Monthly Full scan.

post-60618-0-15608900-1307408093.png

Finally add Real-time Updates.

post-60618-0-37236100-1307408077.png

Remember, each MBAM Pro license are to be installed to 1 computer. If you wish to have multiple computers with MBAM Pro installed you will need multiple licenses.

Thank you very much! :)

Hello Fullgrown,

First off, I appreciate your purchase of the pro version of our product!

The protection module will block any harmful threat's from running while on your system. The reason for automated updates is to have the most up-to-date database in which to block the malicious threats from running. Scans are for when the protection module misses something due to a threat occurring within your system before the database has been updated in time to catch the threat.

Remember, each MBAM Pro license are to be installed to 1 computer. If you wish to have multiple computers with MBAM Pro installed you will need multiple licenses.

Thank you very much! :)

Thank you SO MUCH Mainard, and you're welcome!... some computer experts I know HIGHLY recommended Malwarebytes to me...

Your information was EXTREMELY helpful and I set my scheduled scans and updates exactly how you displayed it... it's basically going to be running on auto-pilot now, and I really like that...

I do have one question regarding renewals of the program... I also use Nortons, and there is an annual renewal fee to keep the subscription active... is it the same thing with Malwarebytes??... I hope not... Nortons is the only program that I have to spend money on once a year to keep it active... please let me know when you can, and THANKS again for your wonderful help.