Incredibly slow after messing with MSCONFIG

My computer has always had a somewhat long boot time (around 5 minutes), but once it booted, it ran very nicely. I was recently trying to fix this issue by messing with MSCONFIG and turning off certain start up programs. Not only did doing this NOT help me, but now my computer is running incredibly sluggish. Programs take much longer to open, physical memory pegged at around 75-90% (previously it was a nice 35-50%), I have huge amounts of lag when trying to play world of warcraft (where I've previously had none), and I have a ton of processes (75+) running including multiple SCVHOST's that i dont remember having before. I've tried a system restore and I've also tried to restore my MSCONFIG configuration, yet nothing is helping. I've run malwarebytes and it turned up nothing for viruses so I'm very confident that I'm not infected Please help!

I also want to mention that when I was in MSCONFIG I also went to the "Boot" tab, then advanced options and put the number to two.

I'm running:

Windows Vista SP2

i7 Core

6GB of RAM