latest database version

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, I cant find anything but thats probably me!

Where can I find the latest database version number? is there a thread?

I'll explain why;

When I logged on (I have the free on demand scanner) I update as I always do - no problem.

I then (due to an issue with a unrelated program update) had to perform a system restore back to yesterday (3rd June 12pm ish GMT.)

So after the restore I go through the routine of updating everything and I get to Malwarebytes and it says that I have the latest database version (now i think its been about 4 hrs since I updated).

Before in the same situation Ive ran the uninstaller, rebooted and reinstalled.

So I want to check what the latest version is so I can check if there is a problem or not, so i dont have to a unnecessary reinstall.

Thanks

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, I cant find anything but thats probably me!

Where can I find the latest database version number? is there a thread?

I'll explain why;

When I logged on (I have the free on demand scanner) I update as I always do - no problem.

I then (due to an issue with a unrelated program update) had to perform a system restore back to yesterday (3rd June 12pm ish GMT.)

So after the restore I go through the routine of updating everything and I get to Malwarebytes and it says that I have the latest database version (now i think its been about 4 hrs since I updated).

Before in the same situation Ive ran the uninstaller, rebooted and reinstalled.

So I want to check what the latest version is so I can check if there is a problem or not, so i dont have to a unnecessary reinstall.

Thanks

Forgot to put this:

My current database informaton is showing as

Date 04/06/2001

Database version 6773

• Root Admin

What you can do for now:

• While we review the root cause of this issue you can still download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100 from Filehippo and install the last version before this release and continue to use it.
  • Simply change it so that it does not automatically download Program updates but it will still download database updates just fine.
  • During the installation as it approaches the end it will ask you if you want to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - just uncheck that option as shown

mbam_install_uncheck_updates.png

• Then it will start to launch the program and show you the following dialog box asking to update the database, make sure you click NO

database_out_of_date.png

• Then once the program starts click on the Settings tab and on the bottom click on the Updater Settings tab and uncheck the option that says Download and install program update if available

mbam_1.50.1.1100_uncheck_program_updates.png

• Then click on the Update tab and check for updates and this time it should only check for and download database updates.
  • Keep an eye out on the board and as soon as we have a fix for it we'll post about it.

• Root Admin

What Anti-Virus are you running on your system?

Please run the following scanner and post back the logs.

Download
DDS
and save it to your desktop

Disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click
dds.scr
to run the tool.

When done, the
DDS.txt
will open.

Click Yes at the next prompt for Optional Scan.

When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:

1. DDS.txt

2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply:
    DDS.txt
    and
    Attach.txt

I'm confused, what is DDS? and why do i need to run it?

I only had the problem because of the system restore took the pc back 24hrs, I have had this problem before and just done a clean install (which i read somewhere on this forum ages ago)

now im scared that there is something wrong and wish that i had just done a clean install in the first place .

Sorry for all the posts but i can't edit posts.

Going back to my orginal post - I may not of had any problem in the first place i think i was being a bit impatient.

because past system restores had sometimes resulted in malwarebytes saying i had the latest version when it didn't,

I did nt know if it was the latest version or not. Goldhound helpfully told me I did.

now i re-installed the previous version and an HOUR later i updated (if id been more patient the version i had may have done the same)

It is now (the old version)happily updating without a problem.

so i think in future if it happens again i will just clean reinstall as i would never feel 100% confident that it had not been corrupted.

If you think there is another problem I will run the scanner (If someone can help me with finding and disabling script blocker!)

if not can i uninstall and reinstall now safely.

Thanks