-=- Trial Malwarebytes 1.5 0.1100 Issues -=-

I updated Malwarebytes this afternoon and was quite excited that there was now a trial version.

I promptly accepted the trial and ran a flash scan and quick scan -came up negative.

About an hour or so later (give or take) I got a message that my trial had expired.

This is rather odd.

Any suggestions? As far as I know, my machines is clean.

Thanks for any help.

Hello, slashdot87:

It seems that there are a handful of folks experiencing this issue, as indicated by this recent thread: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=86217

For starters, until one of the experts arrives with more detailed suggestions, it might be best to follow AdvancedSetup's advice to post back with results of a DDS scan.

It's a non-invasive tool that will provide the experts with a bit of info about your system & what might be causing the problem.

Just follow his advice as explained in the following post, and then post back here with the log files (copy/pasted into your next reply):

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=86217&view=findpost&p=436430

HTH,

daledoc1

Hello, splashdot87:

The experts would generally prefer & ask that one copy/paste the logs directly into one's post, rather than attaching them.

That said, I am sure one of the moderators or experts will review them and recommend a plan of action to get the free trial period up and working for you.

They may recommend a clean reinstall of MBAM to see if this fixes the issue, but let's first wait to see what they say about your DDS logs.

Best regards,

daledoc1

At this time we're still trying to track this issue down. Please try the following and see if it corrects it or not.

Please do the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

At this time we're still trying to track this issue down. Please try the following and see if it corrects it or not.

Please do the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

I have done the above, so far it seems to have worked, but I will continue to update, if anything changes...

Sorry that didn't work.

Seems there are a handful of folks with this issue and the MBAM folks are working to diagnose and resolve it.

Since it's above my pay-grade, I'll suggest that you please wait for AdvancedSetup's further instructions.

In the interim, you might have a look at the following post and see if uninstalling v. 1.51 and rolling back to v. 1.50 might work until they sort this out:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=86352&view=findpost&p=437003

From a protection standpoint, you are perfectly safe running v. 1.50 so long as your databases are kept current.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help,

daledoc1

Please try the following.

Please use TFC to clear temporary files:

Run TFC by OldTimer to clear temporary files:

• Please download TFC from here or here and save it to your desktop.
  • Close any open programs and Internet browsers.
  • Double click TFC.exe to run it and once it opens click on the Start button on the lower left of the program to allow it to begin cleaning.
  • Please be patient as clearing out temp files may take a while.
  • Once it completes you may be prompted to restart your computer, please do so.
  • Once it's finished you may delete TFC.exe from your desktop or save it for later use for the cleaning of temporary files.

Then also run the following

How to Run Check Disk at Startup in Vista or Windows 7

Then run the mbam-clean process again and reinstall MBAM and try the Trial again and see how it goes please.

Sadly, it is still giving me trouble. It works fine for a few minutes and then it says the trial has expired. This time, I was able to do a flash scan AFTER it said the trial expired, but when I closed the program and then reopened it, I was unable to flash scan, schedule, etc. It is a very weird situation. I am unsure as to why the program would act this way. My wife's system is running Vista and her trial works just fine. As well as an XP machine. My system is Win7.

Very strange, indeed.