Update Error when connected to HMA Pro VPN.

Hi since installing 1.5.1 PRO version, i keep getting MBAM, error:- PROGRAM_ERROR_UPDATING(12163,0,IsInternetConnected)

I tried all the suggested fixes, ipconfix, OTL. reg files.

SO i turned off the VPN and it works. Connect to VPN and it fails.

Ive tried several different IP's on the VPN, still won't work

I will attach my OTL file, incase it helps

I am connected to the VPN 24/7 and have malware bytes update in realtime, this is going to be a real issue if im not properly protected.

Can i include anything else that will helps

VPS URL http://www.hidemyass.com/vpn/

Windows 7/64bit

MBAM 1.51.0.1200

im also running MSE and superantispyware paid.

I'll play with turning MSE and superantispyware off.

• Root Admin

What you can do for now:

• While we review the root cause of this issue you can still download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.50.1.1100 from Filehippo and install the last version before this release and continue to use it.
  • Simply change it so that it does not automatically download Program updates but it will still download database updates just fine.
  • During the installation as it approaches the end it will ask you if you want to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - just uncheck that option as shown

mbam_install_uncheck_updates.png

• Then it will start to launch the program and show you the following dialog box asking to update the database, make sure you click NO

database_out_of_date.png

• Then once the program starts click on the Settings tab and on the bottom click on the Updater Settings tab and uncheck the option that says Download and install program update if available

mbam_1.50.1.1100_uncheck_program_updates.png

• Then click on the Update tab and check for updates and this time it should only check for and download database updates.
  • Keep an eye out on the board and as soon as we have a fix for it we'll post about it.

Why can't i EDIT my posts.. :(

Just confirmed since HMA is a VPN is doesn't change or mess with IE proxy.

I use IE9

I does add a virtual network wan miniport with a hot IP of 127.0.0.1

This setup work perfectly with both program for a year or so.

http://www.hidemyass.com/vpn/faq/

I think you need to have 50 posts before you are allowed to edit....I know, rather stupid, but !