Cant access the internet after running Malware

Hi there,

Wondering if any of you can help. As the title says I got Antivirus 2009, so ran Malwarebytes and it appears to have gone. The downside is that I cannot connect to the internet now. I have tried the 3USB modem, a direct dial-up on the modem and connecting to the Router for Broadband for both Firefox and IE 7.

I have tried running WINSOCKFIX and LSPFIX but to no avail. Any thoughts please.

Greetings and welcome. Please give this a try, go to start and click Run and type cmd and press enter, once the command prompt window appears, please type each line exactly as written, pressing enter after each line:

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

ipconfig /renew

Let me know if it helps, if not we'll try something else.

Greetings and welcome. Please give this a try, go to start and click Run and type cmd and press enter, once the command prompt window appears, please type each line exactly as written, pressing enter after each line:

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

ipconfig /renew

Let me know if it helps, if not we'll try something else.

Thanks for that, will try when I get back to the PC and will report back here.

I have use XP TCP/IP Repair 1.0 when WinsockFix had fail to fix my IE/Internet problems:http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4521.html

If this fails, I suggest you follow the instructions below.

You may still have some remments of an infection on your computer.

Please read and follow the instructions provided here: Pre- HJT Post Instructions

When ready please post your logs here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs

An expert will give you further instructions to assist you with the cleaning of your system.

Note:

Do Not run any other tools or scans during the cleanup process, Do Not install any other software unless requested to do so.