Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IT Expert

Whats the difference between the free edition and the paid edition

11 posts in this topic

I was wondering what makes the paid one better than the free edition. Is the paid edition real time protection and the free one isn't or is there something else?

Thanks.

I was curious as well.

As well as I have other real time stuff (Spybot, Winpatrol, SUPERAntispyware) that I'm curious if it will conflict with. Or what I should remove as Paid MBAM may take their place.

Hi guys, to answer your question, please review my post here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...ost&p=40573 It explains it pretty well. If you need anything else let me know. Good luck and safe surfing.

edit: Oh yeah, and as far as other realtime antispyware/antimalware apps go, I don't know of any that conflict with MBAM (including all those you listed VHT).

As well as I have other real time stuff (Spybot, Winpatrol, SUPERAntispyware) that I'm curious if it will conflict with. Or what I should remove as Paid MBAM may take their place.

Using more than one real-time anti-spyware solution will cause problems with performance. And the last time I heard TeaTimer had an issue with MBAM's real-time protection. They may have fixed it, but I'm not sure at the moment.

Using more than one real-time anti-spyware solution will cause problems with performance. And the last time I heard TeaTimer had an issue with MBAM's real-time protection. They may have fixed it, but I'm not sure at the moment.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of anything conflicting with MBAM, thanks for the info GT.

TeaTimer and MBAM will not play nice with each other. If you wish to use resident mbam, please disable teatimer. As TeaTimer will only get in the way during registry processing.

Thank you, I'll look that link over! :)

Yes, Teatimer was definitely an issue last night when MBAM was trying to delete registry key on reboot. Had to be removed to allow MBAM remove registry entries on reboot.

Winpatrol has really saved me on many occassions. Any issues with that? Or is that an unpopular program?

Any issues with Boclean that you're aware of?

Not specifically, but remember that when two real-time anti-malware applications are running on the same system that they are conflicting with eachother while trying to protect. You should never have more than one real-time anti-malware application running at once. Besides, MBAM is a lot better than BOClean. :)

Winpatrol has really saved me on many occassions. Any issues with that? Or is that an unpopular program?

Many of us use WinPatrol. There are no issues that I know of, but I run on Vista x64 and thus MBAM's real-time protection does not work, so I would have to install both in a virtual machine to do testing.

Many of us use WinPatrol. There are no issues that I know of, but I run on Vista x64 and thus MBAM's real-time protection does not work, so I would have to install both in a virtual machine to do testing.

Awww. Oh well, MalwareBytes has a great on-time scanner!

Awww. Oh well, MalwareBytes has a great on-time scanner!

You are replying a post that happened many months before we added full 64bit support .