Antimalware Doctor

I recently managed to remove Antimalware Doctor via Windows' system restore. I also removed the malware that installed it via Malwarebytes. That actually went relatively well... but now, I have another problem...

Okay, so now that that rogue antimalware program is gone, EVERY TIME I open Firefox, new tabs open up, giving me bogus offers, saying that all they need is a credit card number. <_<

Well, System Restore can't fix it. I can no longer use the internet for anything due to a risk of it re-downloading the malware, as is ever-so-obvious. In fact, my normal computer is currently shut down, and I'm typing this from my parents' labtop. I was considering getting a new computer, but it's not worth the 200$, nor the time to find another Windows XP.

I run Intel, and Windows XP SP3(I use XP due to heightened performance. 2% better than Windows 7! And about 50% cheaper.).

I can not risk any form of download, and I have absolutely nothing to transfer files at the moment. Help needed desperatley...

Also, my computer runs PERFECT if I am not in any way connected to the internet. Am I doomed to run it like that now?

• Staff

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Please update MBAM, run a Quick Scan, and post its log.

Next, download DDS by sUBs and save it to your Desktop.

Double-click on the DDS icon and let the scan run. When it has run two logs will be produced, please post only DDS.txt directly into your reply.

Hi and welcome to Malwarebytes.

Please update MBAM, run a Quick Scan, and post its log.

Next, download DDS by sUBs and save it to your Desktop.

Double-click on the DDS icon and let the scan run. When it has run two logs will be produced, please post only DDS.txt directly into your reply.

There's a problem with that. If I open my web browser at all on my regular computer, it will just re-download the malware, all the while probably cancelling the download. On top of that, I have nothing(as of current) that will let me transfer files...

I need to remove it manually, so... My brain is heading to the idea of using a Windows XP boot disk and restarting. It's not like I have government files on my computer that cannot risk infiltration or loss. =p

I'm just looking here for a better solution first.

• Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!