Finally; from 300 baud in 1983 to...

ShyWriter

Finally; from 300 baud in 1983 to...

post-35425-0-50178800-1307048258.jpg

in June, 2011..

Loving it!

Shy

You city boys can be downright annoying :unsure: we country bumpkins can't even get barely 3 mg down let alone almost 5 up! Good thing you buy our cabbages so at least we got the cabbage for slow internet :P

You city boys can be downright annoying :unsure: we country bumpkins can't even get barely 3 mg down let alone almost 5 up! Good thing you buy our cabbages so at least we got the cabbage for slow internet :P

It took me a long time to get to that speed - not only that, I've got a, b, g -plugin and wireless N from the Cable Modem.. Of course if one is "talking" to a slower site, 40mbps don't help much.

@Firefox: Thanks..

@Ron: No fair using a company T3 and talking to a computer 3 feet away - 0 ping indeed.. :P

@Wayne: Yum... love that coleslaw.. and kimchi. Keep growing that cabbage. Besides, I'd trade my 40 mbps for your BC location in a heartbeat.. *wink*

@MT: *raspberries* :lol::D

Steve..

• Root Admin

@Ron: No fair using a company T3 and talking to a computer 3 feet away - 0 ping indeed.. :P

Steve..

Well it was a company computer but it is not from my LAN/WAN it is live from 2 different servers that I have no control over on the Web.

0 is rare and 2 to 3 ms is typically more common. We have a 100MB not Mb fiber connection to the Internet.

Your home connection is faster than mine. I'm at about 18ms 27Mbs/2.15Mbs for home.

1324735797.png

We pay ~$60/mo. for this crap. Better speeds are not available here... In fact, I daresay they're not available anywhere in my country for a home (non-corporate and non-university) user. I have a server and the upload speed is just awful. Half a Mbit is around 60 KB, 30 of which I reserve for seeding torrents (sharing is caring), so I'm actually left with a s?????????????????????????h???????????????????????????i?????????????????????????t????????????????????t???????????????????????????????y???????????????????????????????????? 30 KB upload.

I guess it's not too bad, it's better than dial up!

I wouldn't mind it being a bit faster though, mainly for video-streaming purposes.

I was also downloading the newest version of Malwarebytes when I did the test, so I don't know if that skewed it at all. And it is still downloading. Seems like it takes a lot longer than it used to, then again it is a new version so that's okay :)

post-13640-0-84410600-1307109341.jpg

Just be aware that some of these broadband speed test sites have Uniblue/Systweak etc. registry cleaner/booster, so dont click on them now.

I find if you test in the morning the test speeds will be faster then during the evening for regular broadband users,. will post evening test results, later of course. hehe

Tested at 10:am EST

0yabR.png

Second test 6:pm EST

iRUzr.png

• 2 weeks later...