Log File not being saved after finding spyware.password.XGen

Malwarebytes PRO uncoverd 6 instanses of Spyware.Passwords.XGen this morning (6/2/2011). The log file displayed afterwards said everything was clean, but a copy of the log file is not being stored in the Logs tab. Several complete scans show no infection, but no log files being created either. What can I do to ensure the log files are being captured and that I can veiw them?

I do NOT trust that all is well, but need to be able to capture the log file, so I can post in the other forum.

FYI...

I found it odd this made it through malwarebytes PRO and Superantispyware (paid version) also and infected these files. All files are update regularly. Trend Micro Client Server is also running. Several scans by each afterwards shows no infection.

• Root Admin

It could be do to a setting in the registry redirecting the logs.

You should be able to run the following command line to fix if that's the case.

From the Help File

/logtofolder <optional path>: allows the user to save all log files to the specified folder. If this folder does not exist, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware attempts to create it. If the path is blank, changes are reverted to default settings. These logs do not show up on the Logs tab.

Example:

mbam.exe /logtofolder C:\mbam_log_files will save all future log files to the location C:\mbam_log_files.

Note: Protection logs created by the protection module will always be saved to the same location

/logtofile <optional path>: allows the user to save all log files to the specified file. If this file does not exist, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware attempts to create it. Newest entries are appended to top of the file. If the path is blank, changes are reverted to default settings. This log does not show up on the Logs tab.

Example:

mbam.exe /logtofile C:\mbam_log_files\mbam-log.txt will save all future log files to the location C:\mbam_log_files\mbam-log.txt.

Limitations: The path, in the above case C:\mbam_log_files, must exist. This option will not create folders if they don

Let me ask a dumb question. Where do I run these commands? In Start, Run or is it ran under a DOS prompt? I tried the Start, Run and it did not correct it. However I noticed the files are being saved, but the more recent files are not in order when displayed. Typically they are listed by date, but the ones after the infection are being posted prior to the ones in created in March.

In any case I posted the requested info in the other forum directory asking for help in making certain this is cleaned up. I don't trust that all is well on this computer.